Bombshell

AHAANA'S POV

After spending some time with 'MY' mother, who clearly behaved as though my best friend Alya was her dearest person, Alya bid her goodbye, not before promising to visit soon. Huff!

"So, you're jealous," my consciousness said, but as always, I royally ignored it.

"I'm going to my room," I said practically to no one and went upstairs.

"Finally, I'm home," I muttered. It feels so good to be home.

Upon entering my room, my eyes widened as I saw a person covered in a blanket, dancing like a creep. Oh my God, did someone sneak into my room? But how? There's security in our home.

It's high time to change the security.

"What are you even thinking, stupid girl? Go and attack, whoever it is," my subconscious said. This time, I did what my mind said.

I grabbed a pillow from the couch and started hitting the person with all the force I could muster. "Ahhh," the person winced. I stopped attacking when I heard a familiar voice. Why is it mimicking Aarav's voice?

"It's not mimicking, it's his real voice," my subconscious said.

"Oh, shit," I realized.

It was my brother, AARAV.

"What the hell are you doing, woman?" he asked.

"What the hell are you doing in my room?" I retorted.

"You went to London, so I thought, why not use this room?" he said with a straight face.

"How dare you come into my room?" I exclaimed, shouting at the top of my lungs.

"Why are you overreacting like this?" he said in a creepy voice, mirroring my own.

"You can't just come into my room. It's MY room," I asserted.

"Oh, I can, and STOP SHOUTING," he said.

"You're shouting, not me," I said, hitting his hand. He pulled my hair, and in retaliation, I yanked his hair. I even snapped my hand on his neck, causing his headset to fall to the ground.

Oh, gosh.

"What the hell?"Aarav yelled.

I started running downstairs, and he chased me. "I'll not leave you," he shouted.

"Catch me first!" I shouted back.

Soon, we found ourselves in the living area, both of us running around. I accidentally bumped into someone.

"What the hell are you both doing? Stop running around like mice and go straight to your rooms," my mom scolded.

"But he starte..." I began to defend myself, but her glare silenced me. That look meant I should stop arguing.

"Okay, I'm going," I relented, and we both went to our respective rooms.

While taking the stairs, I overheard my papa telling my mom, "Now our house has turned into a home again." I smiled at this, knowing they missed me just as much as I missed them. This thought made my day happier.

I went to my room, got freshened up, and laid on my bed. Oh, how I missed my bed. I rolled onto my stomach and started scrolling through my phone.

After some time, my mom called us for dinner, or I should say, she practically shouted.

As I reached the dining hall, I headed towards my seat, and at the same time, my brother tried to claim it. I glared at him.

"What? This is my seat," he said.