part 1

The next morning Raavi stretched her arm out from under the covers to turn off the blaring alarm on the bedside table. Still, in a haze, she shifted under the covers, turning on her side, not ready to start the day. The appointment wasn't until one o'clock, but everyone around her was going to give her hell for going through with this and she wasn't ready to face them. The moment she moved, Raavi noticed that the sheets under her felt strange. The large duvet on top of her felt larger, in fact, the whole bed felt bigger than normal. When her eyes opened she didn't recognize any of her surroundings. Raavi quickly sat up in bed and the colder air hit her body, making her realise she was naked. Quickly pulling the blanket up to cover herself, she looked around the unfamiliar room.

It was larger than her bedroom with cream-colored walls and a white fireplace on the left wall. The pictures on the mantle were too far to see what they were, but she could see a family lived here. A wave of disgust washed over her, thinking she somehow got drunk and slept with a man she didn't remember. She's been drunk in the past, and she's made mistakes but she did not want to be the reason for breaking up a family. Raavi kept the blanket wrapped around her as she got out of bed in search of her clothes. The ones laid out on the floor didn't look like anything she owned, but there was nothing else. When she threw on the pink pajama set, she noticed the diamond ring on her finger.

"Oh my God!" She whispered, trying to remember what happened last night.

Raavi became mesmerised by how beautiful the ring really was. It was the kind of ring she imagined if she could ever get married. One and half-carat diamonds sat on a silver band with blue sapphires on each side, so clean it almost looked new. She became so distracted looking at the ring that she didn't hear the approaching footsteps in the hallway. Arms wrapped around her waist while a deeper voice mumbled in her ear, making her jump.

"Good morning, jaan!" The man's lips kissed her neck sweetly.

The familiar voice almost made her relax since he was finally something she recognized, but she stepped away quickly. "Shiva? Tu yeh kya kar raha hai?" Raavi rubbed her neck in an attempt to get the feeling of his kissing off.

"Main tujhe dekhne aaya hoon. Maine sabke liye breakfast bana diya hai, par mujhe nahi lagta ki unhe tere khaane ke aage kuch bhi accha lagta hai." Shiva took off his shirt, walking towards one of the doors that apparently led to a closet. His voice became distant, staying in the closet to change his clothes for the day. "Khair.. Unhone mere dil pe pathar phenk ke oats naashta kar liya. Maine tujhe sone diya kyunki tujhe energy chahiye thi. Kal raat ke baad toh definitely!" He walked out in blue jeans and a black fitted t-shirt.

The smug smirk on his lips made Raavi's eyebrows knit together, looking over at the bed as she put together what he was saying.

"We had sex last night? Like the one with an orgasm? Are you serious?" Her body cringed at the thought of sleeping with him.

He shrugged, leaning on his elbow against the fireplace. "Well, I'd say 'orgasms' as in the plural & yeah, a few times if I remember correctly." Shiva's smile was almost smug thinking about the night before. To him, it was impressive that after so many years together, they still had a strong relationship. It was also just as fun as the night they first got together.

"Humne kal kitni pi li thi?" Raavi's eyes wandered down this new version of Shiva. Not that he was ever bad to look at. He's always been attractive in a boyish kind of way. Looking at him now, he seemed older and looked sexy in a more sophisticated way. The oversized graphic t-shirts were gone, his hair was kept neatly and he seemed comfortable with himself. But they were enemies, like, frenemies at best, she wasn't attracted to him like that. Still, it was hard not to be curious about the experience.