Chapter 14 (long Wait, Long Recovery )

Maya's POV

Me, Carina and everyone at the station, even Jack, are in the waiting room doing just that, waiting, hoping, praying even, that Kimmy is okay. I feel so guilty though, he wouldn't have gotten her if she hadn't had the reason to run away, plus she really thought I hated her, that I didn't love her. Why? Well because I snapped at her and told her something that was far from the truth, that poor girl must've been so frightened and then she gets kidnapped by Lane.

I may have broke his jaw but i just feel like it wasn't enough, he might have killed her and all he gets is a broken jaw and time in a prison cell, he better get sent down for this, I never want to see his face again, I swear to god if they let him out I'll kill him. Its not even just the fact that he did this to her, it's the fact that he abused her in her past, he kept her a secret from me, Mason and our mom while he used her as a punching bag to rid of his anger.

Then when the day came, where his brother murderer his own wife and beat his kid, the day where PD arrested him and sent him down. My father had striked a deal with a fellow officer friend of his to ride the girl of her surname, that poor girl needed a family, she needed to be loved but instead she got put into the system with nothing but the thing she calls Mr Fluff and her first and middle name.

"MIRANDA... how is she?" Warren suddenly asked as he saw Dr Bailey walk towards us, interrupting my train of negative thinking "her heart stopped twice during the surgery but we were able to get her back, we got the bleeding under control but she's not out of the woods yet... She lost an awful lot of blood, she has multiple rib fractures, a broken arm, laceration on her forehead which had to have stitches as well as the wounds on her stomach" she answered with a sympathetic smile.

Carina then speaks up, you could tell she was worried, she hadn't said a word since we found her, I don't even know what she's thinking right now, other than Kimmy of course "but is she okay? is our bambina okay? Is she awake?". Miranda shakes her head "she's okay for now but no, she's not awake, it could be a while but you can go sit with her" Ben then walks over to go and speak with her privately, I place a hand on my wife's knee, we exchange the same worried look.

We both then get up at the same time and walk into the room that Dr Bailey points us too, when we are in the room we see our girl commented to a ton of wires, visable cuts and bruises all over her body, bandage on her head and stomach, arm in cast. The poor girl looked like she's been in a war, Carina kissed the girls cheek and whispered soothing words in Italian. I hold the girls hand and do the same but in English.

"Babe, I need to talk to you about something" I then say to my wife, she looks at me and sighs "can it wait bella?" I smile sadly at her and shake my head "it's regarding Kimmy". Carina then perks up and looks at me and gestures for me to continue I then say the thing that's been going round my mind non stop ever since that phone call "due to the fact she is a Bishop, I was thinking that may speed up the process of adopting her".

Carina then smiles at me, the first genuine one I'd seen in the last 24 hours "it definitely changes things bella", I nod my head "if your okay with her a minute I was gonna call Nicky and update her on everything, also see what she says about it... Kimmy, she needs us Car, just like we need her". My wife then smiles and nods her head at me "ill be fine, you speak with Nicky because Maya, nothing would make me happier than officaly becoming this bambinas mamma".

Carina's POV

Maya then walks out to go and speak with Nicky on the phone, the whole time I can't stop thinking about the what ifs, I want nothing more than to become this girls Mamma, I already felt like it anyway and after today, well its made me want her even more. She got so upset when she heard Andy talking with Jack and I can't exactly blame her, she's never been with a family who actually cares, it's probably really hard for her to accept that she is with people now who actually want her and actually love her.

I must've been thinking for quite a while because the next thing I know, Maya walks in, she has a huge grin on her face and she walks over to me, pulling me into a hug while she whispers into my ear "Nicky said it changes everything, she is gonna arrange a court date but she told me we have no reason to worry, that a judge couldn't deny family, especially since we treat her right".

Hearing those words gave me so much comfort, I smiled back at her and kissed Maya on the lips "ti amo bellisama bambina" I say to her she smiles as she gives me a peck on the lips too "I love you too". We then sit there as we hold each other, waiting for our girl to wake up or show any signs of opening her eyes, it must've been another hour or so before we heard the sounds of groaning coming from the bed.

"Ahhhhh" we both hear as Kimmy jolts up in panic, screaming and crying, I get close to her and hold her head to my chest so she could feel my heartbeat "it's okay bambina, your okay, your safe, I got you, we got you" I say to her. Maya rushes off to go and get Bailey whike I continue to reassure the frightened girl "R, Rina?" she then says in more of a question, I smile and kiss the part of her forehead that wasn't bandaged "si, I'm here now tesoro, nobody can hurt you".

Maya soon comes back in with Miranda who instantly gets close to the girl "can you tell me your name and where you are?" she asks, Kimmy continues to hold onto me but nods her head "Kimberly and I'm at the hospital". Dr Bailey nods her head and smiles back at the girl who's not wanting to part from me "how are you feeling?" she asks, Kimmy frowns "sore, also thirsty". Maya then looks to Miranda and asks "can she have a drink?".

Dr Bailey then explains that she can drink water for now and that she can also eat but small amounts, she also said she would send the nurse in, to give her some more pain relief. "How long does she have to stay here?" Maya asks, I send her a glare but the holds her hands up in defence "what? It's just, she will probably feel alot happier in the comfort of her own home". Kimmy then looks at Maya wide eyed, peeling herself Way from me for the first time since the awoke.

"You, you just called it my home!" she said, Maya smiled and nodded her head before walking over to us and holding the girls good hand "I did, so you wanna know why?", the girl nods her head too which Maya continues "it's because it is your home, it always will be, which is why me and Carina have decided we want to adopt you". The young girl then looks at me, then at Maya and she smiles widely before asking "you really want me?", I smile at her "we really do".