Chapter 3: Aquaintances Old and New

You and Amber parted ways after an enjoyable lunch together.

"When I see you again, I'll introduce you to my latest version of my Baron Bunny! I've been working on improving it!"

"I'm looking forwards to seeing them! Where did you get the help?"

"Klee is awesome! She taught me how to make Baron Bunny detonate on command! Isn't that cool? Anyways, I'll be sure to perfect Baron Bunny the - um, 295th - by the time I show them to you."

You could only chuckle to yourself as you recalled the last conversation.

You took a seat at a random bench, finally taking out your daily commission sheet again.

1. Destroy the hilichurl towers that have been built recently. (Outskirts of Springvale)

2. Get rid of a growing hilichurl company. (Windrise)

3. Help Ellen with her knight training.

4. Help Charles with a delivery.

They were all pretty standard tasks. Since you were in Mondstadt, you figured you would help Ellen first, followed by Charles at the tavern. Then you'd head to Windrise, and lastly pass by Springvale again.

You started to make your way to the Knights of Favonius training grounds, where you assumed Ellen would be.

You passed the fountain, where a bard nearby was playing music on a flute. You flitted through the small crowd that had gathered, muttering apologies under your breath each time you bumped into a person.

It wasn't like they could object or something anyways. You were a Ragnvindr, after all. Diluc was quite stiff in nature - even more so in public - and you followed suit to avoid any questions. It stopped unnecessary chat from strangers who you had no time or energy for.

The music was sweet and uplifting, echoing in your ears as you walked away.

As you climbed the stairs, a familiar voice forced you to stop.

"Fancy meeting a Ragnvindr here, in the Knight of Favonius training grounds," the voice teased.

"Hello Kaeya." Your lips quirked into a slight smile.

"Good to know you haven't forgotten your dear old brother. What brings you here, of all places?"

"Just a couple of commissions. I'm going to help Ellen with her training and deal with some hilichurls - nothing too extraordinary," you explained.

"My, my, look at little Y/N. All grown up and ready to take on the world." Kaeya smiled as he ruffled your hair.

"It's just a couple of hilichurls..." You mumbled, cheeks growing pink in embarrassment.

"I know," he chuckled, "what's wrong with teasing my little sister?"

Smoothing out your hair, you said, "Don't we all have an image to retain in public? Anyways, I'd better get to my commissions. See you around!"

"Don't miss me too much now. Actually, why don't we meet at the tavern again tonight? I must say, you're a much better bartender than Master Diluc. Don't tell him I said that, of course." Kaeya winked as he started to walk away.

And you thought you'd finally be free of that tavern tonight. It's not like Kaeya gave you much of a choice, after all.

Climbing the rest of the stairs, you looked around to find Ellen, who was attempting to disarm a training dummy.

"Hello Ellen," you greeted the young girl.

"Hello!-Oh! Miss Y/N! What are you doing here?"

"I saw your commission. I thought you wanted some help with training?" you tilted your head slightly, questioning her sudden flustered appearance.