Chapter 18

The two of you made your way to the Skelebros' house, surprised to see Papyrus waiting at the door for you. His face lit up as soon as he saw you, and before you knew it he was running over and pulling you and Mettaton into a group hug. About a minute later, he released you both from the hug and invited you both inside. As soon as you walked in, Sans walked through the small crowd of people who had already arrived. He seemed happy to see you.

"Heya kiddo. Wow, you look amazing." he complimented, a subtle light blue dusting his cheekbones.

"Thanks Sansy!" you replied cheerfully.

His blush became less subtle, which you guessed was due to the nickname you had given him. He always got so flustered when you called him that but you had never known why, after all, he was your best friend and nothing more. Mettaton must have noticed Sans's reaction as he gave Sans the death stare, which Sans immediately returned.

"Darling~" Mettaton said, turning to you with a loving gaze, "I have a surprise for you~"

"What is it?" you asked, tilting your head slightly to the side.

"You'll just have to wait and see, darling~" he teased.

"But I wanna know now, you can't just tell me you have a surprise for me and then not tell me what it is."

"You'll find out what it is tomorrow, telling you would spoil the surprise~"

You sighed and decided to drop it, knowing full well that he wasn't going to tell you until tomorrow. Instead, you decided to enjoy your engagement party. Curious as to who was coming to the party, you went over to Papyrus. Considering he and Sans had planned the whole thing, asking him who was going to attend seemed like the right choice, especially considering Mettaton was starting to become rather close friends with Papyrus so speaking to him alone would not cause any problems.

"Hey Papy, who exactly is coming to the party?" you asked.

"WELL, SANS AND I ARE ALREADY HERE OF COURSE, SO ARE YOU AND METTATON, BUT I ALSO INVITED UNDYNE, ALPHYS, GRILLBY AND NAPSTABLOOK! WE'RE STILL EXPECTING NAPSTABLOOK, BUT EVERYONE ELSE IS ALREADY HERE!" he told you.

As if on cue, Napstablook arrived wearing a pair of jet black headphones. You and Mettaton seemed to notice him at the same time, as you both began running towards him immediately.

"Blooky!" the two of you yelled in unison, pulling him into a group hug.

As well as being Mettaton's cousin, Napstablook was also one of your closest friends. He was also an amazing DJ, and since he had arrived wearing headphones, you assumed that he would be providing the music for the party.

"Hey (Y/N)... Hey Mettaton... Congratulations on your engagement..." he said, a very slight smile appearing on his face, "You both like my music.. Right..?"

You both nodded.

"Well... I kinda made a dance remix of Spooktunes... And I was wondering if I could play it... It's ok if you don't want me to though..." his smile faded back into his usual frown.

"Are you kidding? Of course you can play it! And just for the record, Spooktunes was always my favourite." you told him, causing his smile to return.

He floated over to the turntable that had been set up and started to play his new dance remix of Spooktunes. He had outdone himself this time, it truly was incredible. You walked over to Sans, who was unsurprisingly standing at the table where Grillby had laid out an assortment of drinks, and stood beside him. You were impressed by the sheer variety of drinks that had been laid out, some alcoholic, some non-alcoholic. Just then, you had an idea, and judging by the look on Sans's face he had the exact same one.

"Hey kiddo, I have an idea." he said, turning to you.

"Yeah?"

"How about we try every type of drink here, just because we can?" he asked.

"Hell yeah!" you replied, an excited grin spreading across your face.

The two of you then proceeded to take a shot of every single drink on the table. There were 5 different non-alcoholic beverages and at least 20 different alcoholic ones, some of which were very strong. Grillby had really gone all out for your engagement party, and you could bet that you and Sans were both pretty drunk by the end of it. Neither of you could even walk straight, however you were stumbling far more than he was. After all, this was your first time getting drunk, which was the main reason that you were so eager to do it. Plus, Sans was one of your best friends and was extremely protective over you, so you knew he would never let anything bad happen to you. He was also quite experienced when it came to drinking, so surely he would be sober enough to keep you out of trouble, right?

You looked over to Sans and noticed an amused look on his face. You were going to ask what was so funny when you suddenly walked into something, causing Sans to burst out laughing.

"Darling?"

It seems you had walked into Mettaton.

"Are you alright? You should really look where you're going~"

You looked up at him and gave him a goofy smile. It was rather obvious just by looking at you that you were drunk, and even in your drunken state you could tell that he knew. He sighed, picking you up bridal style and beginning to carry you home, thanking the guests for attending the party on his way out.

"I'd better get you home before you do something stupid..." he mumbled under his breath, his voice calm and soothing despite the low volume.

The last thing you remember was falling asleep in his arms as he carried you home...