Chapter 7 - Sleepover

-Psst, Eliza...?
It was night and I had just gone to bed when I saw my mom standing in my door.
-Hey, I just wanted to tell you that I'm not going to be at home tomorrow, cause of work...
-But I left some quick noodles for you on the counter so you can make yourself some dinner. Is that okay?
-Yeah that's alright mom.
-That's good, see you on Thursday sweetie, goodnight.
-Bye, and goodnight. I replied before going back to sleep.

The morning was like all other mornings, I woke up, ate breakfast, got ready, packed my bag and headed for school. The days were starting to get colder now in the end of October. As I was walking to school, I had just remembered that there could still be some Gruequixes or creatures around in the woods and in town.
-Maybe Zi is just handling the smaller creatures by herself right now, but we need to find more of the bigger ones to make sure they haven't hurt anyone. Or have even been seen my anyone. Though if anything had happened, we would probably have been warned already. I thought for myself.

*hyeeek*

I stopped up. I heard a shriek from the woods. It was the same kind of shriek as from the Gruequix, but it was a lot smaller. Suddenly a miniature Gruequix came running towards me ready to attack. It was just tall enough to reach my knees, so I wasn't very afraid of it. I picked an extra pyro spell card from my pocket.
-Axio! I said and the little creature was burnt into ashes.
How could a baby Gruequix have gotten here? I thought for a bit.
-Oh no...

I arrived at school and Zi seemed to be here today too.
-Hey Zi-Zarah! Heh...
-Hey Eliza! She replied.
-Zi I have to tell you something really important... I whispered.
Zi realized that I seemed very frustrated and got serious.
-This morning I met a Gruequix. I said
-What!? Zi almost forgot to whisper.
-No don't worry it was easy to defeat, cause the thing is that it was a baby!
-A baby Gruequix? Well then you defeated it easily, what's wrong with that? She asked.
-Zi, there's no way that little thing could have been able to get through the portal. The Gruequixes must have been producing children here! I said.
Realization had finally hit Zi and she thought for a moment.
-The babies are extremely fast, it won't be easy to catch them. So we must set up traps! Zi said.
-How do we do that? I asked.
-We can set up traps outside the house, then we wait until it gets dark, cause Gruequixes likes the dark. They go into the trap, then we go outside and transfer them back to my world. Zi explained
-Great idea Zi! I said before the bell rang and we went inside together.

After school we set up the trap as planned. I got some tools from inside while Zi put it together and made it into a trap.
-There, now all we need is some bait! Let's see what does Gruequixes like?...
Zi brought up one of her books and started looking through it.
"Creatures of Vilania" it said.
-Hm, doesn't surprise me. She said.
-Eliza, do you have any meat in the fridge? Zi asked
-Well, yeah. I replied.
-Just hope mom won't notice that it's gone.
I went inside and grabbed a steak and some sausages from the fridge.
We had finished the trap and now it's just to wait inside until it gets dark. We were sitting together in my room and Zi was reading her creature book.
-Vilania.
Zi looked up at me.
-Is that the name of your world? I asked
-Yeah, it is. She answered.
-So... It is true that all witches wear those hats? I asked.
Zi laughed.
-We choose that ourselves, there's no specific dress-code or anything.
-Ohhh... I laughed too.
-Would you like to visit me in Vilania some day?
-I can? But won't mom notice that I'm gone? I asked
-Let's just say that the time is different there if you get what I mean.
-Oh, well then I'd love to! I said.

-You know, this is kind of like a sleepover.
-A sleepover? Zi replied.
-You know, where someone sleeps over...
Zi interrupted me.
-I know what a sleepover is, dummy! She laughed.
I felt dumb for explaining something she obviously already knew.

*bonk*

-What was that? I asked.
-The trap!
We headed outside to see a baby Gruequix stuck on our trap.
-We got one!
-Let's send you back little guy. Zi said as she used her wand to make a circle in the air, the circle formed into a portal and the Gruequix fell through it as I cut the rope.
-We did it! I said.
Suddenly we heard something in the bushes.

*woosh*

A sudden shadow rushed past us.

*HYEEK*

-Gruequix!! Zi shouted.
This one was a lot bigger than the ones we've seen before.
She quickly got her wand and threw a light-beam in the direction of the Gruequix.
*Swish!*
She missed!
The Gruequix sprinted towards Zi and made her lose her wand!
*crack*
-My wand!!
I grabbed Zi by her arm and we ran away into the forest.
I looked behind us to check if the Gruequix was following but saw Zi tearing up as she was running. I made sure we got deep into the woods before we stopped.
-Zi, are you okay!? I whispered.
-My wand... She said.
-It was my mom's... now it's broken. She teared up even more.
I wasn't sure how to comfort her now, so I gave her a hug.
-I promise I will fight with everything I have! I said.
-Thanks Eliza... But I won't be getting my wand back...
-How am I supposed to get back to Vilania now? Zi seemed very frustrated.
-I swear we'll figure out about that later, but right now we need to handle that Gruequix!
Zi nodded, wiped away her tears and we carefully and quietly headed back with each our pile of spell cards.