Chapter 8 - Stuck

Zi and I quietly list through the woods by the east side of the house and made a plan where we surprise-attack the Gruequix from behind. We had now gotten close enough to see it standing right outside the entrance stairs, and it almost seemed like it was guarding it.
-Okay, how about one of us try distracting the Gruequix first, then the other one comes up... I started.
-Uhm, Eliza..?
-...And throws a spell to weaken it for a moment...
-Eliza! Zi whispered loudly.
I turned to Zi and saw her pointing down towards the bush behind us. I looked down at where she was pointing and saw something move abruptly. It was a baby Gruequix!
It took a look at us before it looked over at it's mom, and then back at us just to realize what was going on.
-No... Zi whispered to it, afraidly, knowing exactly what it was thinking.

*hyeek!*

The big Gruequix got it's attention over to us and started sprinting towards us, angrily stomping it's feet.

*HYEEK*

-Attack it! I shouted.
Zi picked the spell cards out of her pocket but they slipped out of her hand! She quickly bent down to pick them up.
-Zi!! I shouted again.
This was absolutely nerve wracking but I had to react as fast as possible! So I picked out a card without looking at the illustration again.
-Axio!!
The card dissolved into my hand and suddenly the ground started shaking. The rocks underneath the Gruequix was lifted up into the air and above it's head. The little rocks then formed into a big boulder.
An earth spell... I thought.

*HYEEK--...*

The Gruequix was brutaly crushed as the boulder fell onto it with great force. I was too scared and disgusted to look. Zi had picked up all her cards and had seen what just happened. She then picked out a pyro spell card out of her messy pile.
-Axio! She said and the little baby screamed as it was burnt into ashes. We both breathed heavily, sighed and gave each other a smile, signing we did a good job.

-Whoo! We did great! Zi celebrated.
-How do we celebrate this?
-Why not just relax a little for now, I mean, we just fought a big Gruequix.
-Good idea! She said.
-Wanna watch a movie? I asked.
-Yeah!... A movie...? Zi seemed confused.
I explained to her what a movie was and how it worked. We spent the rest of the night chilling in my bed, watching a humor movie on my laptop and ate salted chips. Zi always laughed her butt of every time something as little as when someone fell was shown on the movie.

After school the next day I stayed at the library to look for more fantasy books. I looked through a long, tall bookshelf with a sign at the start of it where it said which book genre the shelf contained. I had my head tilted sideways so I could read through the titles.
"King Lilly"
"The feared Queen"
"Harry Potter"
-Ooh, Anastasia 2...
-Hey!!
I jumped as Zi came up from beside me and scared me.
-Holy... Zi, how do you keep appearing everywhere!?... I asked, holding my hand on my chest as I sighed.
She didn't answer but instead pulled up a dusty, old book from her backpack.
-Look!
The book didn't have any text or illustration on the cover so I was confused and not sure how to react.
-Oh my God!... I said obliquely.
-No, Eliza, this is the spell book I got from my mom. I was so excited over the wand she gave me that I completely forgot about this! With this book we can't only just learn new spells, but also use it to do magic! She said excitedly.
-Oh my God! I repeated, actually meaning it this time.
-This is great, Zi! Let's use it now! I almost stuttered out of excitement.

We went out to a field right outside the forest. The sun was setting and the grass reached up to our thighs. We found a spot at the center of the field where no one would see us, so we could try out some spells in peace.
-Doesn't witches usually use brooms though? Can't you try to conjure one up? I asked.
-Again Eliza, witches aren't always like your humanly stereotypes, we don't, use, brooms! Zi replied, seeming offended.
-I know, I know, sorry... But can't you still try to find a spell? Just for fun?
Zi thought for a second before she gave me a smirk and started browsing through the book.
-Here... She pointed at a spell with a broom illustration on the side. The text was in Vilanian so I couldn't understand anything on the page except for the spell's name.
-Hovira Axio!
Zi then pulled out a long broom from the center of the book. The broom then flew up into the air making a show for us with its loops and flips before it went back down and hovered over the ground.
-After you! I said in a jokingly polite voice. Zi jokingly bowed and sat onto the broom and I got myself a seat too.
-Let's go! Zi shouted without that anything happened. She pushed and jumped at it but couldn't get it to work.
-How do you steer this thing...?
Suddenly the broom zoomed through the air and we held on tight while screaming and laughing as we flew together towards the sunset.