Part 25 A: The Letters of Summer, Two Cheeky Photos and one Sandwich Colony

Part Twenty­Five
August, 1977

TO M. M.
Keeper of my dungbombs among other  things

I've got something in my teeth, if you were here I could make you tell me what it is (WITH YOUR TONGUE HAR HAR) but as it stands I just poke at it with my nails and pester James or I did before he said "Shut upshut up shut up you horrible man" and went to sleep. Actually I ought to be trying to sleep too only itsimpossible with this massive thing between my teeth, I am like the Princess and the Pea, only the Sirius and the Possibly A Bit of Dried Beef, or Then Again, Perhaps a Hair.

My point of course is a little analogy for your textbook: SIRIUS is to PRINCESS as TEETH is to ________?

(The answer is MATTRESS by the way.) Do you even get to write bits of this fabled textbook or do you just monkey about making sure nobody has misspelled anything? Not that it
m

atters as I'm sure you'd enjoy either, that's just your twisted sense of fun at work. I miss your twisted sense of fun. I think you probably have some idea what I'm talking about. THAT'S RIGHT. I MEAN YOU.

I haven't been not thinking about you for awhile now, it's really quite pathetic. I don't want to talk about it anymore. Let's talk more about my dashing adventures. Actually I haven't exactly had any what you might call adventures, however yesterday we came across some extremely aggressive squirrels. I would tell you more but Dumbledore would have to kill me with his beard. No in all seriousness you know I would but I can't, I'm not even meant to be writing you at all actually.

Also the ground is damp, I have no clean things, and James is drooling in my hair, not necessarily the bedfellow I would have chosen in cramped circumstances and I'm sure he feels the same about me given his inane letters which unlike his more discreet tentmate he leaves festering all over the place. "I miss your splendiferous scent which is like beautiful honeyed azaleas blooming in a field of cinnamon buns" etc. etc.

Oh forget it I hate writing this stupid nonsense to you when honestly I just want you to be around. I'm too tired even to amuse you, soon you'll have to throw me off for a Prewett brother. By the way if you throw me
off for someone and it isn't a Prewett brother I will punch you in the nose which is a difficult target to miss. If it is a Prewett brother I will not only understand but endeavor to follow your excellent example.

AZALEAS is to PRONGS as SOAP AND OLD BOOKS is to

padfoot

To: Sirius Black

Thankfully Not Cinnamon or Splendiferously Scented

I figure it's only fair, considering how I demand constant and illegal updates on your glamorous lifestyle writing by candlelight with foodstuffs hanging on a string from your teeth, that I in turn educate you in the
fascinating details of the editorial process. I have been charged with proper care of commas and, should I be
feeling particularly daring, I am also given full control of my clandestine lover, the semi­colon. But that
appears only to happen Fridays, when everyone gets a little drunk on the weekend and on power, laughing
hysterically and flinging punctuation about every which way.