Chapter Six

"Is she going to be okay?"

"I might've exposed her to a little too much blood."

"Why you– Nevermind."

Kotoha's eyes fluttered open upon hearing the muffled voices of the two demons talking by her side. "Woah!" They gasped, staring at her curiously as soon as they noticed that she has regained her consciousness.

She looked almost the same, except that her eyes - now - had a different colour which was similar to yours; warm and golden.

Shortly afterwards, she noticed Inosuke asleep in your arms and without any thought, she attempted to attack him. "What are you doing?! That's your son!" You shrieked, protecting the baby and pushing her away with ease.

You tried to calm Inosuke down as he started crying uncontrollably, at this moment, Kotoha froze in her place as her eyes filled with tears.

Noticing that, you anxiously held the baby closer to his mother, ready to shield him from any attacks. "This is Inosuke... your son." You said, waiting for her reaction. "Do you remember him?"

As much as she was confused, you could see the affectionate look in her eyes as she observed her son, which made you ease up a little.

Soon enough, Douma came back with a dead body for Kotoha to consume in order to regain her human intellect, which she gladly did. "Nee-san..." She uttered, looking in your direction, leaving you dumbfounded.

"No! No no no no no!" You said hurriedly. "I- I'm not your–"

"Nee-san..."

"I'm not your sister!" You said, before running away instantly, leaving Douma laughing at your reaction, unfazed by Kotoha's unexpected behaviour.

"Could it be that I had a sister whom I forgot about? No... She would've told me earlier." Thoughts circled your mind as you processed what was happening in shock. "That shouldn't be possible... I'm at least thirty years older than her after all."

"Nee-san!"

You turned around, all pale, only to see Douma grinning from ear to ear. "Look at you!" He laughed.

You pushed him aside, feeling sick to your stomach. "Demons don't get sick... right?" You asked in a shallow voice.

"Correct!" He replied, clasping his hands together. "Hey! Cheer up, Yuki-chan! At least you have a sister now, aren't you happy?"

"Well... No... Not at all!" You scoffed, glancing over at Kotoha from a distance. "I made a mistake... I shouldn't have asked Douma-sama to turn you into a demon." You sighed, looking between the mother and her son.

"Nee-san!" This time, you saw Kotoha running towards you with a little concerned frown. "You seem stressed out... What did I do wrong? Why... Am I not your sister? I'm sorry, Nee-san."

"Great, now I'll have to pretend that I'm her older sister forever." You thought, awkwardly giving her a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, it has nothing to do with you." You said, glaring towards Douma who was silently snickering from behind his fan.

"Kotoha-san– no... I mean Kotoha... I have some important matter to discuss with Douma-sama." You said, forcing a smile. "Could you please give us a minute?"

However, she didn't leave, but continued staring into your soul as she held out her hands. "Inosuke." She said. "Give me my son."

"Y- Yeah right... about that..." You paused for a minute, thinking about what you should do. "I can't just yet... she might attack him."