Chapter Twenty

The next day, everyone woke up to the sound of agonizing screams coming from the room facing yours. "Let me in!" You made your way through the crowded entrance to Kotoha's room.

"You'll be just fine! I'm here for you!" Sora said, holding tightly onto Kotoha's hand as she struggled to even get up.

"How come...? Demons don't get sick." You thought, disturbed by the sight of the sickened demon who was alright just yesterday.

"Kotoha!" You rushed to her side, and much to your surprise, she pushed you away by all her strength.

"Get away from me!" She yelled, hiding behind Sora. "Help me... I beg you!"

"Please everyone! Stay back!" Sora said, leading you towards the door. "I'm sorry, Yuki-san... this is a case of emergency."

At this point, you had no choice but to leave, feeling worried about the condition you left her in. "Sora-san—" Before you could say anything, the girl shut the door in everyone's face then left to aid Kotoha.

"You'll be just fine... please rest." Sora told her, laying her down in bed. "I'll make sure no one comes in here no matter what."

She endured the pain of the demon digging her sharp nails in her flesh as she tied a piece of fabric over her mouth, preventing her from potentially attacking her any further.

She tried to speak through muffled cries, but it was no avail. Eventually, her energy slowly wearing down as she let go of the human's - now - wounded arm.

"You're going to be okay..." Sora held the demon's hand in both of hers reassuringly and stayed by her side till she eventually calmed down.

Although it was risky to leave someone alone in such a vulnerable condition, Sora couldn't slack off her other duties so she eventually had to leave.

-

You were anxious yourself and once you heard the door open, you rushed to Sora and asked her a million questions at a time. "Is she going to be okay? Is she okay? Did you even know what you were doing?"

"She's going to be just fine." Sora said with a comforting smile. "I know a little about medical emergencies, don't worry. Just don't enter and make sure no one enters."

Suddenly, you smelled the strange scent of a human's blood, and your eyes shot towards the trail of blood Sora has left behind. "What... happened?" You asked with a terrified look on your face.

"I- I'll clean that up!" She said hurriedly before running off, and that's when you noticed the sleeves of her uniform soaked in blood.

Your eyes widened at the sight before you rushed to her. "Your sleeves..." You said, rolling up her sleeves, then squinted your eyes at the sight of the multiple deep injuries.

"I... I'll get it fixed..." She said, yanking her arm as all the colours drained from her face. "I'll be fine... That's not the first time I've dealt with something like that."

"What do you mean?" You asked, frowning in concern.

"When a person is suffering, they aren't really aware of how they might hurt themselves or others." She explained, pressing her wound with her other hand.

"Follow me." You said sternly, marching to your quarters as she followed behind you.

You sat the girl down and prepared the medical equipments on a table, then carefully applied the necessary medication to her wounds.

"Don't untie the bandages." You warned as you tied a bandage around her arm. "Now, you better get changed."

"Alright! Thank you for helping me, Yuki-san!" She thanked you before leaving the room in a hurry.

-

By sunset, Sora went to check on Kotoha again, and there she was panicking and looking around anxiously. "Are you okay?" She asked, untying the fabric off her mouth.

"I- I'm scared..." Kotoha replied clinging onto the servant. "Get me out of here... please."

After some observations, Sora noticed how her yellow eyes has turned into a beautiful shade of deep green colour, and how normal human teeth has replaced her sharp fangs.

"Do you remember anything?" She asked calmly, her voice below a whisper. "What's the last thing that you remember?"

"I remember... Inosuke... I know that... he's not safe here!"

"I've got everything perfectly planned! Just... count on me!"

Sure that was lie especially that the drug she's injected the former demon with accidentally wiped her memory of the past fifteen years.

"If you say so..."

"Leave whenever you want as long as it's daytime... the sun is lethal to demons, so no demon will chase after you."

"What about Inosuke?"

"He's alive out there, and a friend of mine is taking good care of him. I sent her a letter and she agreed to help you as well."

"Really?" Her face lit up with joy as tears of relief welled up in her eyes. "Thank you... very much... I don't know how I'll ever repay you..."

"About that... I do have a simple favour to ask."

-

Meanwhile, you anxiously waited in your room for Sora to report to you about Kotoha's condition, and once she came to your quarters you started asking her questions.

"There's so much to discuss." She let out a heavy sigh before collapsing to the floor. "Let's go for a walk... what do you say?"

At this moment, your mind went back to what happened all those years back then when you left the temple with Kotoha.

"No... no... tell me now." You declined, fearing that Sora would receive a fate like Kotoha's if not worse if she ever found out that you were no human.

"I really don't want anyone to hear... you know how rumours start... come on!" She took your hand and left the temple in a hurry.

All of this waiting made you feel more and more worried, and much to your disappointment, Sora didn't speak until you went far enough from the temple.

"You know..." She finally spoke. "You may have not realized that... but you've broken his curse."

"Curse?"

"Yes, Kibutsuji's curse."

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

Word count: 1009 words

-',✎ A/n: Plot twist ig? >:) I kinda think that this was expected but still