Chapter Twenty-four

As you looked around, all you could see was vast fields of flowers and tall trees dancing gracefully in rhythm with the light morning breeze.

It's been decades since you've last walked under the sun after all, and it felt good to finally be welcomed by the warm sunrays shining against your skin.

"(Y/n)!" A familiar girl who looked around sixteen in age came running to you, clutching a bunch of lavenders in her arms.

No matter how long you stared into her warm deep brown eyes, you couldn't remember her; she looked so familiar yet you had no memory of her.

"What's the matter? Let's go!" The brunette twirled happily and skipped to the house which appeared at a distance from you in the midst of the flower fields.

You curiously followed her, still thinking about how you weren't affected by the sun.

"Welcome back, (Y/n)." A middle-aged woman smiled warmly at you as soon as you entered the house with a strange feeling of déjà vu.

At a distance from you stood a girl with (e/c) eyes which were filled with confusion as she looked at you, mimicking every move you made.

Carefully, you approached her and as you tried to reach her, your fingertips touched the surface of the mirror, and you felt your blood run cold in your veins.

You placed a hand over your cheek, feeling the tears trickling down your face as you couldn't recognise the person looking back at you from the mirror.

A million thoughts were racing in your mind when all of a sudden, you flinched at the sight of the older woman in the mirror who looked so worried to see you in this panicking state.

"Oh dear..." She mumbled, gently placing an hand over your shoulder. "Are you okay?"

You simply hummed and nodded in response before you ran off to the room which was presumably yours, and as you looked around you saw tens of beds lined across the wide room.

By the window, you saw a familiar man with shoulder length black hair and pink tips with his hands behind his back.

"Long time no see... Lower rank five." He spoke, turning to you with a mischievous smile. "Remember me?"

You were speechless, but something was telling you to run; this guy was definitely up to no good. "Intruder! Intruder!" You yelled, making your way to the hall.

"Is everything okay?" The girl from earlier rushed to your side, looking alarmed. "What intruder are you talking about?"

Soon, the two of you went to the shared room with many others following behind you with weapons to fight the intruder.

"(Y/n)... No one's here." She said, placing a hand on your forehead. "Did you get a fever?"

"N- No..." You quietly shook your head 'no' as you looked away from her.

"Cheer up! What happened to the cheerful (Y/n) who made everyone else around her smile?" The girl giggled as she pointed at the corners of her lips, gesturing you to smile.

You smiled thinly, trying your best to play along although you had no idea who this girl was or whose body you're in to begin with.