False News

The next day, it was Monday. Clover and Chili Pepper were all packed up and ready to go to school. Behind them followed Licorice and Pomegranate. Pomegranate was uncomfortably close to Clover, like, really uncomfortably close. So close, she had her chin resting on his shoulder. Clover's shoulder killed him the whole walk to school. "Could you... get off me? Please?" he muttered. That only made her wrap her arms around him. Tight. Now his shoulder and stomach was killing him.

Once they arrived, Pomegranate finally left Clover alone. "Where's Cranberry head heading off to?" Chili Pepper asked. "The journalist club" Licorice said. "Huh. I wonder how she ended up there with such a tiny brain" Chili Pepper chuckled. "She pretty much uses it for evil. She uses it for blackmail, misinformation and just plain bullying" Licorice explained. "Damn, she sucks for real" Chili Pepper said. Licorice handed her a newspaper from last week. "'Latte Cookie hides juice inside of her desk and drinks while cookies aren't looking'" Chili Pepper read. "Yep, and it caused a lot of drama and rumors. It was so much, inspectors had to search inside her desk to make sure she wasn't hiding anything" Licorice said.

"And no one questioned Pomegranate at all?? Like, nobody asked her where she got this so-called information??" Chili Pepper asked in disbelief. "Not that I've heard, so I'm guessing apparently not" Licorice shrugged. "Man... the stuff that happens in this school is more juicer than I thought" Chili Pepper chuckled. "Wonder what she's gonna write next". Clover cleared his throat. "Not to be rude, but I believe we should be heading to class" he said. While they walked to class, Chili Pepper was a bit interested in what Pomegranate was gonna publish next, but she didn't think about it for too long.

Later that day after lunch, Clover rushed to his locker to get his stuff. As he was opening it up, a cookie tapped him on the shoulder. "Oh, hello! May I help you?" Clover asked, turning to the cookie. "You're so lucky" the cookie said. Clover was confused. "Ahah... I know my name is CLOVER Cookie, but I-I'm not THAT lucky" he chuckled. "No, you're lucky cuz you have the most beautiful girlfriend in this school" the cookie said. "Girlfriend? Since when did I have a girlfriend?" Clover asked, confused. "Ah, I see, secretive type, aren't you?" the cookie grinned. "No!? I-I'm serious, I'm pretty sure I DON'T have a girlfriend!" Clover exclaimed. "Look, I get it. You don't have to be shy, bud" the cookie said. Clover was speechless. What is this cookie on about!? he thought. He took out his stuff, closed his locker, and left the cookie alone. As he was walking to class, another cookie stopped him in his tracks. "Oh my gosh, Clover! Congratulations!" the cookie exclaimed. "O-Oh, uhm thanks... for what exactly?" Clover asked. "On getting such a great girlfriend! Especially winning over someone like Pomegranate, she's hard to get" the cookie said. Clover jumped. "Pomegranate isn't my girlfriend! Who told you this!?" he exclaimed. "It's in the papers, everyone's reading about it" the cookie said, handing him a newspaper. "'Clover and Pomegranate together forever'!? Forgive my unusual choice of words, but that is the most sappiest, stupidest, and nauseating title I've ever read!" Clover exclaimed, practically ticked off at this point.

He scurried off to class, where he was greeted by a lot of "Oooooh"s. Clover had never felt so embarrassed in his life. Even his most clumsiest moments didn't compare to this. He shyly went to sit in his seat. He turned to Chili Pepper who was really taking her time to read the article. "Jeez, you won't believe how sappy this article is" Chili Pepper chuckled to him. Clover then turned to Licorice who looked like he was practically about to tear the paper in half. Clover was so embarrassed and so devastated at the same time. Now everyone in the school, apart from Licorice and Chili Pepper, thought Pomegranate was his girlfriend.

Clover put his head on his desk, feeling like melting into the floor until he was all the way to the other side of earthbread. In the hall, Clover covered his face with a textbook while walking with Licorice and Chili Pepper. "C'mon Clover, it'll be alright, we can fix this" Chili Pepper said. "How?? Everyone thinks I'm Pomegranate's boyfriend, I don't even like her..." Clover said. "Ohhh, really? Then who do you like?" Chili Pepper smirked. Licorice flushed and tried to ignore her. "Uhm... I uh..." before Clover could say anything, Pomegranate walked towards them. "Hello... you three" she said. "Hello, my 'sweetheart'" she waved her fingers at Clover. Clover didn't say anything.

"Hey everyone, come over here!" Pomegranate called out into the halls. Cookies started crowding the four of them. Pomegranate grabbed Clover's hands and pulled him close to her. Everyone was getting riled up. Clover wanted to do something, but because of embarrassment, he didn't do anything. She got closer to his face, which caused everyone to get even more riled up. Chili Pepper turned to Licorice who looked like he wanted to punch one of the cookies behind him. Finally, they touched lips. The halls were loud. It sounded like a baseball stadium. Like yesterday, Pomegranate held it. Clover looked down at her face. He could see a smirk form from her. That same mischievous smirk. Clover finally pushed her off, shoved through the crowd and ran off to hide somewhere. Pomegranate scoffed "how could he..." and stamped her foot.

About an hour later when school was just about over, Chili Pepper found Clover hiding in the Janitor's closet

About an hour later when school was just about over, Chili Pepper found Clover hiding in the Janitor's closet. "You okay, Clover boy?" she asked him. "What do you think? This is the worst day of my life..." Clover sulked. "Besides, I'm already interested in someone else..." Clover realized what he said and panicked. "Oh really? Who might that be?" Chili Pepper smirked. "Th-That came out wrong! I'm not INTERESTED, interested... l-like I have a crush on him or anything, but..." Clover stuttered. "'him'? Who's this 'him'?" Chili Pepper smirked. "...uhm... you can keep a secret, right?" Clover mumbled. "Duh, ain't I your friend?" Chili Pepper grinned. "Alright... so you see... I think I uhm... MIGHT have a crush on... L-Licorice..." Clover said, blushing. Chili Pepper's grin grew wider, and Clover noticed. "H-Hey, i-it's not that serious... h-he probably doesn't like me back anyways" Clover sulked again. "Hey, cheer up, Clover boy, you don't know that. Now c'mon, let's get you outta here, it smells horrible" Chili Pepper held out her hand to him so he could get up. Clover took her hand, got up and went with Chili Pepper to class while she rested her arm around him.

While they were walking, they heard a cookie complaining. "Where could that ignorant Cookie be...?" it grumbled. It was Pomegranate walking with her brother, Licorice. "Just leave him alone. Can't you see how creepy and obsessive you're being?" Licorice said. Pomegranate ignored him and said "if he doesn't come back, I swear..." she then looked up and saw Chili Pepper and Clover. She noticed how Chili Pepper had her arm around him and then had an idea. She went onto her knees and yelled "EVERYONE! THIS COOKIE IS STEALING MY BOYFRIEND!". Everyone in the halls crowded around them again. Chili Pepper jumped. "What!? You're kidding!" she exclaimed. Pomegranate started crying fake tears so cookies would feel bad. "I'm NOT stealing your so-called boyfriend! We're just friends!" Chili Pepper yelled. "Sure, that's what they all say! You know you're stealing my boyfriend!" Pomegranate whined. Clover was getting fed up. "First of all, I was never your boyfriend to start with, and second, Chili Pepper is just my friend, only my friend and will never be more than just my friend!" he yelled. Everyone was surprised. No one had ever seen Clover snap before. "You dare say such lies!? How could you!?" Pomegranate got up and started crying more fake tears. The chaos was so much, that Licorice finally had enough. "Pomegranate, enough!" he shouted. His shout was so loud, everyone went silent. "You dare shout at your sister!?" Pomegranate yelled. Licorice went up to her and slapped her in the face. Hard.

Everyone, including Clover and Chili Pepper gasped. Pomegranate held her slapped cheek and watched as Licorice turned and walked away. "H-Hey! You get back over here this instant! I-I'll tell mom! I'm gonna tell mom about this!" she whined like a little child and ran after him. Everyone watched the two go until they weren't in their view anymore, then went back to doing their own business. Chili Pepper couldn't contain her laughter and she burst into joyful tears. "She got what was coming to her!" she laughed. Clover smiled. "Yep. Hopefully, that'll stop her from calling me her boyfriend" he chuckled. "Hey, you know who would love to call you their boyfriend?" Chili Pepper asked him. "Hm? Who?" Clover asked. Chili Pepper smirked, and Clover already knew the answer judging by her face. "Oh, stop it you..." Clover flushed. "Alright, alright, but I know you'd like it" Chili Pepper laughed. Clover rolled his eyes. As they walked out of the building, Clover quietly mumbled to himself "I actually would like that..."