3 - Revenge and Sushi

We're all chilling in the girls' lounge, playing a game that we made up, mostly because we got bored while waiting for our sushi order. "Okay, Zoey, you're up," Dana tells her, passing the dice over.

"Here we go," she says, shaking them before tossing them onto the table. We all peer at them. "And?"

They've both landed on the number three, meaning that she got a, "six," Nicole tells everyone, "even."

"Lucky," I say, as confessing is much better than being told to do something, in my opinion, at least.

"Confess," Vicky says.

"Okay," Zoey begins thinking, "all right. One time, when I was ten, I burped in church." We laugh and I cringe at her confession.

"Okay, if that happened to me, I'd die," Nicole says to her, and I agree.

I look up from our game and see our friend walking in. "Oh, hey Quinn," I greet her, as she gets closer to us.

"You wanna play Confess or Stress with us?" Nicole asks.

She smiles, "how do you play?"

"Okay, you roll the dice," Zoey begins.

"Yeah?"

"And if you get an even number, you have to confess something really embarrassing," Dana tells her.

"Like Zoey just did," I add. "But-"

"If you roll and odd number, you have to do something stressful," Nicole finishes.

Quinn doesn't seem to understand it, "like eat a poisonous bug?"

"Stressful, not lethal," Zoey says.

"More like, text your crush or curse in front of a teacher," I explain.

"Oh, and the most important rule," Nicole says, "nothing that anyone says, or does, leaves this room."

"Gotta swear!" Zoey says.

"Swear!" Quinn says before joining the game.

"Oh, my turn," Nicole says. She takes the dice and is about to roll.

"Wait," Quinn says, "I'm starved. Can we order some sushi?"

"Already on the way," Zoey says, happily.

"Do you think they'd refund us if I turn into a skeleton before it arrives?" I ask, rubbing my empty stomach. They laugh me off as Nicole cradles the dice, eager to play.

"How cool is it that we have our own sushi bar right on campus?" She asks.

"The coolest," Zoey agrees.

"Except that the delivery guy is Logan," Dana says, and I shrug.

"Ew, Logan? He's such a jerk," Quinn says and I begin to feel a little uncomfortable.

"A very cute jerk," Nicole says.

"A jerk who's my friend," I remind them, and Dana laughs.

"And speak of the jerk," she says, as Logan enters the room in his Sushi Rox uniform.

"Sup ladies?" He greets us. "Harper," he adds, and I roll my eyes.

"Hey," I say, quietly.

"We were just talking about you," Zoey says, as I sink lower into my seat. Like with the play, having my friends secretly talk about each other and me getting caught in the middle, not the best feeling in the world.

"Yeah, I can't blame ya," he says, thinking it's all positive.

"Where's our sushi?" Dana demands, and he remembers his job.