19 - Show of Feelings

Chase and Michael are filming for their webcast, The Chase and Michael Show. It's kinda annoying, to be honest, since I'm trying to do my work and am struggling enough without the distraction. Logan is helping me as much as he can without giving away his chemistry skills to the others, but him passing me notes with explanations is a slow process that makes me feel really stupid. We're sat on his bed, me at the foot of the bed leaning against the wall, and him lying down with his legs over my lap as he throws a ball into the air, repeatedly. The only time he doesn't throw the ball is when he's passing me a note.

"And, right now," Michael says, to camera.

"Here on The Chase and Michael Show," Chase says.

"My boy, Chase, will gargle the national anthem with coffee!"

Chase picks up a mug of coffee, "while Michael trims his nose hairs with a professional nose hair trimmer."

Zoey is also doing work, sat on an inflatable chair, as she watches the boys do their show.

"And..."

"We begin," Chase says, as he begins to gargle the coffee and Michael trims his nose. He coughs on the liquid, and Michael turns off the trimmer to try and help Chase get over his choking. I see Logan roll his eyes, while Zoey and I just watch, stunned.

"Uh, uh, okay," Michael panics, "while I make sure my buddy Chase here doesn't choke to death, please enjoy this fine cartoon featuring us in toon form." He turns to Chase when the cartoon is set to play, "you alright, man?"

"Yeah," Chase coughs, "just a little, a little coffee in my lungs. No biggie." He turns to us. "So, how do you like the show, so far?"

"It's funny," Zoey says.

I shrug, "I thought it looked promising, up until you nearly died."

"It could not be worse," Logan tells them.

I pinch his leg, hissing at him, "Logan!"

"Can you say one nice thing to someone once?" Zoey asks him, facing us with a frown.

Logan turn to me, "Harper, your hair is pretty." He looks back at Zoey smugly, and I chuckle. Zoey just rolls her eyes and faces her work. "Look, I'm just trying to give these guys some constructive criticism so they don't get trashed in the school paper, again!"

"Huh?" She looks over at the boys.

"This reporter for The Daily Stingray reviews our show every week," Chase explains.

"And every time, he slams us," Michael finishes.

Logan chimes in, "maybe that's why only seven kids at PCA watch it."

"Nine, thank you," Chase corrects.

"Yeah," Michael says, backing him up.

"That reporter must love dragging people down if he reviews you every week," I say, tapping my pen on my notebook.

"I know, we're not even that bad," Chase says.

"Come on, we're back," Michael tells him.

"Okay, and we're back with some more of The Chase and Michael Show," Chase greets the camera.

"Which is lame," Logan calls out, and I gently hit him with my textbook.

"And that was the voice of our highly obnoxious roommate, Mr Logan Reese," Chase says, flatly.

"Say hi to our viewers," Michael says, turning the camera on Logan as I cover my face with my book.

"Wow, I've never said hi to nine loser all at once," he says, with fake enthusiasm.