15 - Time to Decide

I'm walking to class with Zoey, just chatting about nail polish, when we see the guys all laughing over some kind of book. We have media class, so I'm wondering if it's some kind of movie book, but I can't see why that would be so funny.

"Hey," I say, sitting next to Logan. Zoey says the same, and Chase returns the greeting, as everyone watches us arrive.

"What are you guys giggling about?"

"Just this old PCA yearbook," Chase says, while I pull my wheelie chair over. I lean over Logan's shoulder to see the old faces in the yearbook.

"Whoa, look at that dude's clothes!" Logan says, and I look where he's gesturing. The picture has a guy in a print shirt, and bright blue pants that are wider than his textbook.

Chase laughs, "what's up with the puffy pants?"

"Did he go to PCA or clown school?" I say.

Zoey points at another picture, "oh my god, look at that teacher's giant hair!"

"And who wears a neon jacket?" Michael asks.

"Why are everyone's clothes so baggy?" Lola asks.

Mr Bender comes into the classroom and sees us gathered. "Hey, what you guys got there?"

"An old PCA yearbook," Zoey tells him.

"Yeah, it's from, like, way back in the 80s," Chase says.

Lola says, "looks like PCA used to be a school for geeks and losers."

"That's what happens when you don't allow girls in your school," I say.

"Okay, you know what, that's my old yearbook," Bender says, coming over to us.

"Whoops," we say, and share a glance.

"You went to PCA?" Zoey asks Bender.

He nods, "yeah, for, like, six years."

Logan flips round the book so that it's facing Mr Bender, "okay, is this you, with the big, round, freakish glasses?"

"Logan," I hiss, lightly pushing his arm.

Everyone laughs, as Mr Bender gets defensive, "Do you know what? Those glasses were very fashionable back in the day."

"Oh, yeah," Logan says, sarcastically.

"That's you?" Michael asks, laughing as he sees the picture for the first time. "You were very handsome," he backpedals, seeing how unimpressed Bender is.

"Yeah, just wait. I bet, in twenty years, a bunch of PCA students are looking at your guys' yearbook, laughing at what you guys are wearing right now."

I look down at my shorts and sweater, which I don't imagine will be super unfashionable. Lola agrees, "I doubt it, this shirt will always be hot."

"Yeah, it will," a guy from behind us says.

"Try not to drool," she sends back.

Chase has a thought, "hey, if PCA students are looking at our yearbook twenty years from now, do you think they'll wonder what we were like?"

"Probably," Michael says.

I look at the yearbook in Chase's hands, "I suppose it would be fun to know what these people spoke about between classes, or what friends they had."

"Ooh, you know what would be cool?" Zoeys asks.

Lola is typing something on her phone, but still guesses, "being married to Orlando Bloom?"