More secrets

My head was not in the right state of mind. I barely even remember crossing the street; it's a wonder that I didn't get hit. Before I opened the shop door, I had a strange feeling that someone was watching me. I take a quick glace over my shoulder to see the guy standing on the other side in fact watching me and his friends were slapping him on the back and sneering comments that luckily, I couldn't make out from where I was. The smile that was on my face soon fades away. I can see clearly now that he is in fact just one of those guys that wants to get whatever he wants and then be on his way back home within the week. So, I guess there is no reason to even bother getting all giddy about him.

I walk on in the store and the door slings shut behind me. I look around the cute little store, all of my pa's amazing work spread out along the walls, shelves and tables. Each perfectly placed and shiny. I guess when Ember is not busy, he is making sure every piece sparkles in hopes that it will catch a tourist eye and they will buy it. I make my way to the back wall, where Ember is all set up making a small piece in front of an older couple. He is so engrossed in what he is doing that he doesn't even see me. I set the box on the counter.

"Pa said you needed these." I tap the box.

He stops and looks my way with a puzzled look on his face. "He had you bring more. I already have enough in the shop."

I shrug my shoulders. "He said that it was important to get it here today. I just do as I'm told."

He casually rolls his eyes back at me. "I will have to get it later; I'm kinda busy right now." He gestures to the couple on the opposite side of the counter.

"Do you want me to stay and put them up for you?" A part of me didn't want to go back home so soon. Besides I should have at least ten minutes or so to help out.

"Whatever you want."

I smile back at him full of excitement just to be able to help out a little. I open the box and start taking out the pieces to set them on the counter. There is a letter on the bottom addressed to Mr. B. Lindstrom. I hold up the letter to Ember. "Who is Mr. Lindstrom?"

He puts down the piece he is working on and comes over to me. "No one that you should be concerned about; look apparently these are for him. You need to put all of these back in the box. I'm sure he will be here by the end of the day to pick them up."

"Why would one man need all of these?" I hold up one of the glass pieces while pointing to the others in the box.

"I don't know Aura, but don't tell pa that you opened the box ok. This is a special order and he would be upset knowing that you looked in it."

This time I roll my eyes back at him. They always keep things from me. The men in black and now this Mr. Lindstrom.  Why won't they just tell me. "They are just glass pieces, what is the big deal?"

"Aura trust me; this is between pa and Mr. Lindstrom." He grabs the piece from me and quickly places it back in the box then closes it for no one to see. 

I shake my head in frustration. I don't know why no one wants me to know anything. I bet this has something to do with the men in black that were in the barn. This all has something to do with each other I just know it.  "Fine, I got to be going anyway before I am late." About the time the last part came out of my mouth the door opens up and in walks the guy that was trying to help me. I quickly look down and pretend to be busy.

I watch him out of the corner of my eye. He walks around looking at the glass pieces and finally makes his way to the counter. "Excuse me miss, I would like to look at this one piece over there." He points to one near the front of the store. I didn't have time to reply because Ember does instead. "I will be right with you sir; I am just finishing this piece up."