Chapter 4

They had crossed the small stream and were entering camp when Rosecloud rushed towards them with a shadowed face.
"Where were you!? Darkstar said you should be supervised by at least one warrior!"
Mapleshade and Appledusk exchanged guilty glances. But Rosecloud wasn't looking.
"Reedshine tried to kill Patchkit!"

There was silence. A horrible silence where Mapleshade transformed into a badger. Her ears flattened and a snarl formed on her face. She narrowed her green eyes to slits.
"Where was Splashfoot?" Rosecloud shifted uncomfortably. Appledusk was still hard to read.
"Talking to Rainfall about the dawn patrol..." Rosecloud lowered her gaze.
"Where is Reedshine now?" That was the first time Appledusk spoke.
"In a makeshift prisoners den. Darkstar is with her."
"Take me to them." Ordered Mapleshade immediately.
"Fine. This way." Rosecloud started. When Appledusk followed, she turned to him.
"You can go check on Patchkit. He's in the Medicine Den." He nodded and set out in that direction.
"Was he hurt?" Asked Mapleshade anxiously. Rosecloud shook her head slowly.
"A few scratches. He's fine," she continued walking.

At the prisoners den, Rosecloud quickly excused herself and Mapleshade leaned in to catch what was happening inside. Darkstar was speaking.
"So why did Splashfoot turn around to see you trying to claw him?"
Reedshine's voice made Mapleshade spine prick.
"I told you. I was trying to play with him,"
"With claws unsheathed?" Darkstar was smart.
Reedshine was quiet for a few heartbeats.
"I was pretending. It was a game!"
"Yes, and that's why Splashfoot turned around to see Patchkit scratched and bleeding." Darkstar was in no mood for games.
"Splashfoot should have been paying more attention." Mapleshade finally stalked in and Reedshine flinched. The former ThunderClan cat's eyes traveled coldly over Reedshine like she was worth nothing more than a worm.
"This... this piece of fox-dung-" Mapleshade started.
"Mapleshade, the situation is clear enough. I will deal with it." Her voice was gentle but stern. Mapleshade hissed once and spun around without a word.

"Hello? Is Patchkit okay?"
"He's fine. He wants to see you, though." Appledusk's voice sounded from the medicine den. The reeds rustled as Mapleshade came in. In a woven nest, Patchkit, so much like Mapleshade, was sitting quite alert. When he saw his mother he let out a squeal of excitement. But as he tried to get up a dark gray tom gave him a stern glare, and he fell back with an exaggerated huff. Mapleshade eyed the tom, and when he looked at her she dipped her head slightly. "Mapleshade, and you are?"

"Hawkfeather." He looked quite impressed at her cool authority. Hawkfeather searched her with his eyes as if he didn't quite believe the former ThunderClan cat had been this large and muscular. Mapleshade turned to Patchkit.

"How are you?" Her voice softened and she lay down beside him, which was hard; his nest was pretty small.

"Fine," he squeaked brightly. Then he shuddered, and his expression darkened. "That red cat was scary though..." 

"You don't have to worry about her again. Your safe." I hope.

Im finally back! I'll be posting more now :)