one

It was halfway into the first semester here at Carmel University. The leaves were falling, the sun was setting early, and pumpkin spice lattes are what coffee shops consistently make. 

I am currently sitting at a local coffee shop, with my Bible opened up to Galatians. My coffee arrived not too long ago, and the steam is slightly still blowing. I gently blow onto the lid to help it cool down a little. I barely lift my hands to grab a piece of a croissant I am eating as I write in my journal about the chapter's context. 

Thinking about what the Lord is speaking through this chapter in Scripture, I jot down my thoughts in this journal. I brainstorm ways on how I can apply this. Once again, I blow softly on my beverage to try to cool it down a bit. 

I close my journal, give a prayer of gratitude, and put my Bible away. I opened up my computer and opened up a document to commence my academic work. I type in my name, Mattie-James. It's supposedly inspired by a variation of Martha and the book of James. I actually like the male name in my name, it's unique. 

I sip on my coffee and enjoy the taste of the unique choice of half and half. It adds a bit of creamery to my drink. The caramel was classic yet an unforgettable flavor of my drink. I decide to queue a few songs from a streaming site as I choose to search the rubric for the website that is needed to complete the academic work. The song, "Land of the Living" by UPPERROOM is playing in my headphones as I type the title of the topic regarding my paper. I look toward the outdoors and see that it is starting to drizzle. I enjoy the stillness toward doing my assignment.