two

"And," I overheard the director say.  "CUT! That's a wrap for this scene. We'll start from the third paragraph on page forty-three where..." 

That scene doesn't pertain to me. I walk over to the table station where refreshments are placed. I grab a cup of strawberries recently established by the dining services and a water bottle. I open the water bottle and slowly drink it, savoring the taste of it. What? Water has its own flavor. As I finish my beverage, an audible sound of gratification comes out of my mouth.  

"Bobby, awesome work!"

I turn around to see who was speaking to me. It was one of my executive team members, Kerra. I smile at her in gratitude.

"Thanks, I really appreciate it."

Kerra has been there for me since day one. Kerra is a practicing Christian. She is different compared from the others who've sent hateful comments on my social media posts about "re-pending, rebuking, and Jesus is coming soon?" I have no idea what those mean as I am agnostic. My meaning in life comes from being able to put on a great performance for people, for my fans, to provide the best for my family. I aspire to be a better actor after each project I have been a part of. 

I am filming the second season of a show called Voltage. It's where a high school had received a bad strike of lightning and it goes desolate. The town is expected to evacuate with a certain amount of money given toward finding a new habitat. However, in small waves, people slowly start to come back to a new academic year four years later. However, the high school is found to be suspicious in season one. In the season finale, a clue was uncovered where some people are starting to face mutations created on purpose. As to who did it... well, that's what season two is supposed to point toward. 

Kerra allows me to go to my filming trailer and make a phone call to my sister, Killian. She called me earlier today and I was unable to get back to her. I have an hour and a half to rest before I have to head back on set.

"Robert Thomas Lane, fancy hearing you," I hear her laugh.

"Hey, Killian!" I reply. "How's home? How are the chickens?"

"Home is good, the chickens are fine! I'm fine, thank you so much for asking."

I chuckle at the end of her sarcastic self. "It's great to hear your sarcasm on the phone, so tell me what's been new?"

Killian goes on to explain what's been going on with life as I listen.