chapter 2

Florence stretched in her sheets and embraced the golden light of the sun as it rose above the sea. The sun woke her up every morning which gave her time to get ready. Flo wandered over to her wardrobe and picked out a milky blue dress with a frilly white trim. She pulled on her undergarments and then the dress on top. She tied her apron in a bow and sat once again at her vanity, untying her mother's pin curls. Her curls fell gracefully over her shoulder and sat just perfectly.

Florence finished pulling them out and then proceeded to pin some of it back, leaving to strands at the fron which again curled perfectly. She then walked over and sat on her bed, her curls bouncing with her. She pulled on some knee high white socks with blue blows at the back before then butting on her clean white boots.

Florence hopped downstairs happily in the best mood. Her day had started beautifully.

"Eggs Miss?" Mabel asked, plating them up.

"If she doesn't eat them I will!"" Edward added.

"Not today Edward. I have school and that is no place to be with an empty stomach now is it."

"Certainly not darling!" Her mother replied in agreement.

She sat down at the table, cross legged and took a bite out of her toast and a mouthful of eggs.

"Mother may I take willow to school?"

"Im not sure about that dear.."

"Please mother!"

"Oh go on then. Whatever floats your boat darling. Just try not to mess your hair up too much."

"Oh thank you mother!" Florence replied in excitment, jumping out of her seat and kissing her mother in the cheek.

"Goodbye mother, bye father, bye Edward!" Florence quickly said before grabbing her hat with a blue ribbon her mother had tied in to match her dress.

Florence quickly gripped it too her hair and ran to the stables bringing willow out. Willow was a beautiful white draft horse. She stood tall and had a luxurious maine and fluffy hooves. Elizabeth tacked willow up and mounted her gracefully just as her mother had taught her.

She decided to ride quite easily just so she didn't mess herself up to much. The sun shone down on the two as the galloped down the hills and feilds of Avonlea. Florence's freckles came out, spotted across her nose and checks complementing her forest green eyes and the glimmered in the sun.

As Flo arrived at the school house and trotted round the corner to see plenty of people waiting in the sun to enter the school building. A few girls ran over including Dianna admiring her horse and the boys stared and muttered amongst themselves.

"What's your name?" A small blonde girl asked as she stroked Willow's soft coat.

"Florence, but you can call me flo or flora." She said with a smile as the girls moved away as the dismounted her horse.

Flo tied Willow's reigns around a tree near some grass and a stream so she could drink and eat as she pleased.

"Flora this is Ruby Gillis, Anne Shirley-" Dianna began.

"It is such a wondrous pleasure to meet you dear florence! I'd o love your name so much I think it portrays such a elegance and beauty!! I have heard such amazing things about you!!" Anne said with great passion.

"Well hello Anne! Thank you! Dianna has told me so much about you too." Flo replied with a smile.

"Thank you Anne." Dianna said with a smile. " This is Jane Andrews and Josie Pye oh and Tilly."