Love letter

Ellis and I are walking down the sidewalk, heading back to her house. She looks so pretty.
Her hair flutters in the wind, long and rosy and wavy. She curled the ends of it today, making her look more like a princess. Her skin shimmers in the deep orange sunlight that will soon disappear. She reminds me of a flower. A pretty rose or a brilliant dandelion. Of a pearl, shiny and light and pure. Ellis is so bewitching, the way she smiles, the way her eyes glint in the light, the way her hair swings when she moves. Everything she does I pay attention to. Everyone does. It's hard not to.
We near her house, and I nervously fumble with the envelope in my pocket. The envelope I sealed with a sticker of a pink rose. The envelope that contains such meaningful words written in dark red ink. As we approach the gate in front of her walkway, I slip the envelope into her hand. She looks like she's about to speak, but I cut her off, saying, "Well, see you tomorrow then?" and quickly turning, continuing down the sidewalk with my hands in my pockets.
"Oh— Yeah, see you at school!" She calls, her voice faltering at the end. I leave as quickly as possible, scared she'll read it too fast and track me down.
As soon as I get home, I hurry into my room and slam the door. I sit on my bed and drop my head in my hands, then look up at my mirror, observing the smudgy girl staring back at me. Maybe Ellis thinks I'm weird looking. Maybe she thinks I laugh weird. Maybe she thinks my voice is weird. Maybe she's been faking being my friend this whole time.
But that's not possible, is it? Surely it couldn't be. She compliments me a lot, says I have nice eyes. I examine my eyes in the mirror. Two dark blurs, with two lines. I wish I could really see myself, big and clear in a mirror. The clearest I'll ever get is in a camera, because a camera isn't really a reflection. My thoughts are interrupted when I hear my phone start to ring. And even worse, it's not my cellphone. It's the rotary phone that only Ellis can call. Oh dear.