Destinations: The Airport

In California falls December, which means the Byers' 2nd Christmas in Cali is near. It also means that Mike (and Nancy Wheeler) will be arriving today.

Will was overjoyed, truly, he was super excited...

I mean as excited you can be when the person you love so much that has done nothing but hurt you in return is visiting. But Will is going to do what he does best. Act like everything's okay between them, like Mike putting no effort in their friendship is totally okay, leave it behind them and pretend like it's all okay and they are still the close inseparable childhood best friends.

The doorbell rang once.

"Will, Honey, can you get the door!?" Joyce yelled from her room, where she was looking for a specific paper work which was required for her job.

The doorbell rang twice.

"Suree!" Will responded, as he made his way from the kitchen where he was on his phone to the door.

When he opened the door, he found a brown-haired boy on one knee with a fresh red rose in one hand, as if he was proposing.

"Would you do me the honor to be your escort to the airport, kind Prince?" he asked, his accent exaggerated. "Of course, it would be truly awful if I turned down your generous offer," Will joked. To get him off the floor, he grabbed his hand, which held the rose and pulled him up. Will smiled, "Hey Leo," and Leo responded with smiled in return.

Leo was the son of their new neighbors, who had moved in two months ago.

When Leo first moved in, the two had a horrible meeting, Will would say that's an "understatement" and Leo would completely agree. but they worked it out and now... let's just say it's different.

Since Jonathan is "busy" with Argyle and his mother is having a crisis, Leo will drive Will to the airport and back (ofc).

"I have to tell my mother that I am leaving, and then we can go," Will said as the taller male placed the rose behind the other's ear. "OK, beautiful, I'll wait in the car,"

Will snapped his finger as he remembered, "Oh Jane-" he was quickly cut off by the other, "your sister is sucking face with Lei," Leo's face contorted with disgust, "pretty sure going to see her ex would be the last thing she wants to do right now," he finished. "Yeah, okay- I hope I never see witness that," Will's expression mirroring Leo's. "Disgusting." "Indeed," Leo said. The other agreed.

The two were in the car now, Leo's car to be exact. The car smelt of strawberries and cigarettes, Leo did in fact smoke but it was only once or twice every two weeks. He wasn't the type to get addicted to drugs. It was Will's favorite scent, comfort scent too.

"Aux is all mine." Will stated "One bad song and I'm jumping out the window," Leo said while he drove away from the parking lot.

"Well, then, what is your definition of a "bad song" so I can blast it?" Will joked. He connected his phone to the wire and shuffled his playlist, which played Queen's "Somebody To Love."

"What's your favorite song?" Leo questioned, Will answered, "Lovesong by The Cure." "You have your answer then," Leo said with a grin.
"Fuck you,"
"Why don't you fuck me yourself, coward," Leo laughed at Will's 'I don't know how to respond to that face.'

The entire ride was spent arguing about stupid things like "someone to love is way better than Old fashioned Lover Boy," to which Will responded with "OMG NO WAY YOU JUST SAID THAT!!" - "You KNOW I'm right," Leo replied, looking straight ahead. "Nah, cause... Kill yourself,"

Paradise City began to play. "This song is horrible," Leo said after a brief pause. "Leo... I think our friendship has to end right now or I'm going to kill you," Will declared.

The time also passed with them singing along to songs like Be My Baby or G!G!G! by ABBA.

They would make crazy jokes whenever they could, which would either shock one of them or start a whole flirty-bickering, for example..

"Ugh, this is completely random, but I just realized we have a math test after our break; can we study together?" "I don't want to do that shit alone," Will explained, "I don't really study math but I can study you in all positions." They both burst out laughing. "I'm looking forward to it," Will rolled his eyes.

They were finally at the airport and...

💌: The next part involves a lot of jealousy, so looking forward to writing that!! (Still not sure thooo) Let's not talk about this being my first fanfic... but anyway feel free to correct me on anything❣️