Replacement

"Are you guys dating?" Mike bluntly asked

"What?" Will laughed genuinely surprised as to why Mike, of all people would ask that question

The two girls who were sitting in the front had their attention divided.

One trying keep up with the drama that's taking place behind her and focus on the road.

The other trying to keep up with Steve's drama through the phone and the one taking place present.

Leo let out a small laugh, "Uhmm let's leave it for you to assume," he replied with a playful smile.

Will nudged Leo on the side, "yeah—"

"Why did you suddenly ask that?" Robin cut Will off,

Everyone but Nancy was looking at Mike.

He shrugged nonchalantly, "No reason, just curious."

"Yeah right." Nancy said under her breath, Robin smiled knowingly at her.

——

It had been hours since they got home, everyone was already showered and settled. Robin and Nancy took the guest room so Mike has to share a room with Will.

Mike used to share a room with Jane when he visited but since their break up, they've been distant with each other so sharing a room would be "weird," according to Jane herself.

Robin and Nancy were sitting in the living room with Joyce watching TV, the two jet lagged girls had a cup of warm milk in hand to help them with sleep.

A few minutes later Jane came down from her room to join the others. Leaving only Mike and Will to be upstairs.

They were both quiet. Not one word or sound slipping out of their lips. Will opened his closet and pulled out a body pillow and tossed it in the middle of his queen sized bed.

Will was the first one to break the horrid awkwardness.

"I can't really sleep so uhm I am gonna go," he grabbed his phone and checked his notifications on his Lock Screen.

Mike sat down on the edge of the bed and looked at Will who was distracted by his phone,

"I can't sleep either so going downstairs...as well"

"Alright then," Will said to Mike before answering his buzzing phone.

Leo: "it's FREEZING"
Will: "Dramatic aren't we,"
Leo: "No it's actually freezing,"
Will: "It's 65 degrees, you're on drugs,"
Leo: "I don't do drugs, I only do Ma-"
Will: "I'll be down in a sec,"

Will ended the phone call, "let's go,"  he walked to the door and Mike followed.

They walked down stairs, Mike headed towards the couch and Will the door.

"I am gonna go for a walk with Leo," Will announced so to his mom, so she knew where he was.

Joyce turnt herself so she was facing the door where her son was, "Okay, don't stay out too long,"

Will nodded and got out to find Leo standing against the car parked in front of their house.

"No flower this time?" Will joked,

He lifted himself off the car, "Sorry to disappoint, I'll bring you a bouquet tomorrow,"

Will responded with a little laugh, the two walked for a good 15 minutes till they reached 7 Eleven.