01

"Wish you were here Lei" my little sister Myalie said through FaceTime

"Same here, but I'll be there on Thursday" I replied back but I could tell it didn't do much for my sister.

She tried to play it off but I had already seen it. She was real hurt.

"Love you Lei"

"Love you too Mya"

As soon as I hung up, I put my phone away when my cousin Samira spoke next.

"She still has no clue?"

We both laughed as I nodded. It was Mya's high school graduation today. But I lied to her and said I couldn't make it on the day of it because I had a big meeting.

So she thought on FaceTime that I was on my way to the 'big' meeting when really. I was on my way to her graduation.

I hadn't been back home to see her in 6 months because work has been crazy and just nonstop.

Hold up. Let me rephrase that shit. Life has been nonstop.

"It's so good to have you back cous. You ready to move back too?"

I couldn't help but smile and nod as I looked outside the window from the passenger seat. It was good to be home.

And I was finally back for good after 6 years.

Little did my sister know. Not only am I back for her graduation, but I'm moving back too.

Only my cousin Mira and her parents, my aunty Jules and uncle Nick knew about the whole moving back home part.

I moved out to LA when I was 16. Stayed with my dad and uncle Nick's mom who we all called Nana.

Finished high school over there, went to college and graduated there too with a degree in event management.

But ended up pursuing a whole different career.

"I seen the latest collaboration you did with bad gal Riri and I fucking love every single pair. Obsessed! Please let me actually buy the shoes this time around. And tell her to drop her album soon please" Mira says as she merged into another lane.

I was a fashion designer and shoemaker. And was blessed enough to be able to collaborate with a whole lot of talented people from the industry, but Ms Fenty was my number one collaboration.

Had me whining and still do, to all her songs and now we work and collaborate on making her shoes together on a regular.

That was all God right there.

"I'm not taking your money Mira. You bring in a whole lot of customers yourself when you wear them at your events. I already told you that was all the payment to me in itself. And I don't know anything about the album girl, you're gonna just have to drop a comment under her Insta pics like the rest of us Chile"