CHAPTER 1

In the midst of Russia's coldest winter, the biting chill of -2°C seemed to pierce through even the warmest layers of clothing.

The people longed for the comforting embrace of their blankets, yearning to stay cocooned until the gentle touch of the afternoon sun graced the land with some warmth.

Amidst this frosty landscape, at the branch of Rawat Industries in Russia, there was a sense of anticipation in the air, speculation arose that the meeting might be postponed due to the unforgiving winter weather.

Yet that never came out the reality.

Rawat Industries, a colossal enterprise with a global presence, has diversified its interests across multiple sectors, such as textiles, construction, engineering, and retail. The company boasts a substantial market share and is considered one of the largest industries worldwide.

In terms of share ownership, the majority of shares, amounting to 69%, are held by the promoter group, which is none other than the Rawal family itself. The remaining 31% of shares are in the possession of public shareholders, including Foreign Institutional Investors (FII) and corporate entities.

The announcement which was made at the meeting today a few hours ago had already created a sense of intrigue and curiosity among the attendees.

The company's decision to apply for a transformation of shares from the public shareholders, who collectively held 31% of the shares, took everyone by surprise.

"The decision to transform the shares is driven by a vision to enhance the company's agility and pave the way for strategic investments in emerging sectors. We see immense opportunities on the horizon, and this transformation will enable us to respond swiftly and decisively to changing market dynamics."

The words of CEO, Siya Rawal Rathore resonated with the directors, who now understood the rationale behind the bold move.

....

The unexpected warmth in the cold Russian winter felt like a comforting embrace as I entered my friend Maithili Gadhavi's Pelmeni Palace Restaurant. Maithili and I had been close friends since our MBA days at Harvard University, and despite meeting there, she had become the long-lost friend I had always needed in my life.

A friendly receptionist greeted me with a warm smile, asking if she could be of any assistance, but before I could respond, a loud shriek echoed through the hallway.

"Smotret, who's honoured us with their presence here," Maithili said with a chuckle.
(Smotret-look)

"I vam khoroshego dnay,"I replied, giving her a tight hug.
(And have a good day you too.)

"Not sugarcoating your words, are you? It's been 6 months since you are here, Siya. Etlo pan time naa aapi sake tu mane." Maithili exclaimed with cute pout, as we made our way through her luxuriously decorated restaurant, exuding an air of opulence.

(Can't you give me that much of time)

Once seated, she offered me a coffee, knowing the chill outside was more than just a nip in the air. I nodded appreciatively, removing my long coat and placing it beside me on a chair. The warmth of the room washed over me, contrasting the wintry weather outside.

"Madyu time etlej toh aavi," I explained.
(I got the time, that's why I'm here)

"Bao dai. " She teased with the Gujarati accent.
(Very smart)

"Now, let's talk about what's going on in your life, more specifically, how's your marriage going?" Taking the first sip of her cappuccino, Maithili asked.