Chapter 11

There was a breath of silence between them.

And then...

"I love you."

Eddie's words spilled out.

Steve was his best kept secret.

And Steve sat there, wordless.

"How?" he eventually managed to ask.

Eddie grinned.

"I told you I only fell for oblivious fools."

Steve couldn't help, but smile back.

"So," Eddie sounded breathless, "now that's out there."

He even looked nervous.

Then Steve realized that this was the moment that he had been waiting half of his life for.

"You have to know that I love you too."

Eddie blinked.

Apparently not.

"I honestly couldn't figure you out, Stevie."

"Well, that night with Tracy felt like an important moment."

"Oh yes, that definitely made me reconsider everything."

"So..." Steve grinned slyly, "really you've been just as oblivious as me?"

Eddie sighed happily beside him.

"Guess we're both two fools."

"Yeah."

Steve stood up and reached his hand down to Eddie, who took it without any hesitation.

"Some witching hour, huh?" he said as Steve pulled him up next to him.

"Yeah."

They were so close, Steve could swear that Eddie's heart was beating in his own chest, next to his.

Then Eddie did something that absolutely destroyed Steve.

He licked his lips nervously and then his eyes flitted towards Steve's mouth.

And he looked so worried that Steve pulled him closer and held him at his hips.

Eddie grinned.

"Handsy, Steve?"

"Shut up."

Steve closed the distance between their mouths in a jolt of confidence and kissed him.

Immediately, Eddie's arms hugged around his neck and they both fell into the kiss.

It was the best feeling ever.

"Are we going to get back to that very sweet and considerate 'fuck you' that you promised me a few days ago?" Eddie murmured against his skin.

"Only if you want to."

Steve was trailing kisses everywhere.

"'Course I do."

Then Eddie flipped Steve's back against the wall.

"But first, I'd like to kiss you across every inch of skin between your jaw and your collarbone."

Steve blushed, but didn't try to stop him as he leant closer.

"We'll see if you can make it through this," Eddie whispered and then his mouth was on Steve's skin, pulling at his jawline and smiling across his neck.

Eddie Munson made Steve feel golden.