3. Getting In

"Ah you're just in time, Charlotte! We have a big event tonight, so make sure this whole place is spotless." says the manager.

Big event? More like a big disaster

"Sure boss." I make my way to the kitchen when I see two of my coworkers gossiping instead of doing work.

"Hey, give me that if you're not gonna use it," I say to them.
"I got it first."
"Well, it doesn't seem like you're doing much with it. It would be such a waste for a good vacuum to be in your hands, wouldn't it?"
"Can you just mind your own business?"

I suddenly feel a pull on my arm, I turn around and saw Lily, the one friend I made when I started working here.
"Don't bother with them, they're gonna get fired anyways. Here, use this one instead."
"Thanks, Lil."

After receiving a vacuum from Lily, we head out into the big hall and started cleaning.
Maybe I should warn her to get out before the kidnapping starts..

"Hey, Lil?"
"Yeah? What's up?"
"You know.. I can take over your shift tonight." I say without looking at her in the eye. "Mr. Manager also approved of it."
"What? Really? It doesn't seem like something he'll agree to, seeing as there's a big event tonight." she says as she stops cleaning for a second. "It's okay, plus I wanna see how big of a deal this event is."
"The events cancelled!" Everyone turns their heads and looks at me.

Dang it.. I need to control my emotions better.

"I mean.. you look pretty tired.. you should go home faster."
"Pssh, why are you trying to get rid of me? Is there someone you wanna talk to without me knowing? Just go ahead, I'll keep my eyes and ears closed."
"It's not that."
"Then what is it, Charlotte?"
"Forget it, it's not my fault now." I leave without saying anything again.

I'm just trying to save your life. No mercy will be given once we set foot on the Espasito Estate.

4 hours later..

"What is happening? The event hasn't started yet? It's been like 30 minutes since we finished setting up." Lily asked me.
"Yeah, it looks like nothing will happen. Perfect time to head home right? We've done our work, we should be able to go home."
"No, you can go. I wanna stay and see what's happening."

You're digging your own grave, Lil..

The lights suddenly closed. Flashing lights and loud sounds suddenly appear before everyone here. I can hear people screaming and running in the background. I knew this was it.

"Charlotte! What are you doing just standing there?!"
"What do you want me to do? Every entry has been closed and locked. We're trapped."
"How do you know that if you haven't tried opening the doors?"
"Try it yourself if you don't believe me. I tried warning you already."
"Wha-"
"EVERYBODY GET DOWN! HANDS UP! HEADS DOWN!" shouts one of the guards of Xavier.

A few moments later, I found myself down on the floor with my heads down and hands up.
"If you want to live, make sure to keep your mouth shut. If I even hear a breath," cocks gun. "This will be the last thing you'll see."

We are now headed to the Espasito Estate owned by Xavier Espasito. The handcuffs are annoyingly tight, but it doesn't seem to be what the others are thinking about right now.

"We have to escape," whispered Lily.
"How?"
"I don't know.. maybe make a scene?"
"We'll die."
"Right.."

Once we've arrived, everyone was put into a dungeon. It's clean at least. But the beds are not comfy whatsoever. I need to finish this mission as fast as possible and then throw myself into
a comfy bed and sleep for 10 years if this is where I'm sleeping for the rest of the mission.