4. Delivery

This is total bullsh*t. They make us clean everything from top to bottom and we don't even get good meals. The meals they're giving us are even worse than meals prisoners get. I can't even- I'm getting delivery tomorrow I don't care.

. . .

I don't know how these people are still eating the crap they feed us. I've ordered some delivery and now I'm walking to get it. Hopefully nothing goes wrong. Walking to the entrance of the Estate, I'm stopped by two guards. "Why are you here? Trying to escape? Turn around and go back to the Estate."
"Sorry, but have you seen a delivery person come here?"
"You're looking for this?" a voice I have never heard of came from behind. I turn around and realized its Xavier Espasito. Crap..

"Ah.. yes I'm looking for that."
"Funny, I never gave you the right to order delivery. Are the meals we gave you not enough?"
"Sorry sir, I didn't order it."
"You know what I don't like? People who order delivery without permission.. and liars." He then proceeded to show me the receipt with my name on it.
"You know my name, Sir?"
"Is that really important now? Guards, you know what to do."

This is it. When they touch me, I will be failing the mission. Ugh why am I like this? Why can't I just stay for at least a week-

"Wait, let me see something." He says as he took my arm and looked at the scar on my elbow. "Meet me in my office in 15 minutes, you can give your explanation there."

Xavier and the guards left me there, alive. Well, I guess I do have some luck in me. Now I gotta think of the perfect reason so this chance doesn't go to waste.

. . .

As I walk to the entrance of Xavier's office, still thinking of an explanation, I realized there's not a single guard here. So can I just go in?

I was contemplating going in because I haven't thought of a good enough explanation yet. Maybe I should just stay here until I figure something out. As I thought that, the door suddenly opened and Xavier pulled me in.

Without hesitating, he immediately looked at the v - shaped scar on my elbow, investigating it. I pulled my arm away from him and said,"What are you doing?" He then backs away a few steps and asks,"Where did you get that scar from?"
"I got it when I was a kid, it was by the beach, some kid started pulling at me when the waves were huge and it left a scar on my elbow."
"You mean you saved that kid from drowning?"
"Back then, I didn't know but.. yeah.. I guess you could say so."
"Do you know who that kid was?"
"No, I immediately ran and cried to my mom after getting hurt."

He then looks at me in the eyes for as long as a minute, making me feel a bit weird. "So, the explanation-"
"I don't need one, you can take your meal and leave."
"Wait what?"
"Or would you prefer I use my gun on you?"
I immediately took my delivery and left his office. I ran to my room and found Lily.

"Charlotte! Where have you been?!"
At this point, I'm not even in the mood to eat anymore and I'm definitely not in the mood to talk to anyone.
"Do you wanna eat some fried chicken? Here have this." I gave the delivery to Lily and lay on the bed, instantly asleep.