Chapter Six

Angelina sat beside Conrad as Laurel spoke with the officers. Her head was still spinning and she knew she was still slightly intoxicated. Conrad was slouching beside her also feeling the effects from the alcohol he drank, their shoulders leaning off each other for support.

The Flores female looked up and caught eyes with Jeremiah's. She quickly turned away blushing slightly, looking towards Laurel wondering how long Jeremiah had already been staring at her.

"Tell Mr. Fisher and Mr. Flores the chief wants to set up a tee time," the police officer said.

Laurel shut the door and walked back towards the group with a stern look. "How could you guys be so irresponsible?"

Steven spoke first walking towards his mother, "mom, it wasn't a big deal."

"Not a big deal? I would say getting picked up by the cops for underage drinking is pretty big deal, Steven." She eyed towards Conrad and Angelina, who both avoided her gaze.

Steven scrunches up his nose, "were you guys smoking tonight?"

Angelina chuckled lowly receiving a glance from Jeremiah. Her dad had recently picked up smoking marijuana too.

"What? Keep your voice down. Susannah asleep on the couch."

"I wasn't yelling-," Steven stuttered as Jeremiah cut in, "just so you know, Laurel. I didn't drink tonight. I was the DD, I swear."

"You two," she points to Conrad and Angelina sternly, "you're the oldest. What the hell's gotten into you two? What would have Ramiro said if they dropped you off at your house instead of here, huh Angelina?"

Angelina tensed up hearing her dads name now being involved. Jeremiah looked over at her noticing the change in her demeanor. Conrad spoke low, "Laurel, don't-"

"He wouldn't give a shit." Angelina said with a crack in her voice.

"Excuse me?" Laurel questioned with sympathy after hearing the pain in her voice.

"I said, he wouldn't care," Angelina answered trying to steady herself up by placing her hand against Conrad's shoulder. She was drunk and tired of this. She just wanted to go home. Conrad grabbed her hand helping her up as he stayed sitting down.

Laurel moved on to tell Belly things as Angelina was getting impatient. She wanted to leave. Her head was still swirling and she just wanted to lay down. "If you want to be treated like an adult, you need to act like one."

"Then maybe you guys should, too," Conrad stated dryly. He was tired of these adults acting like children, his mom, Laurel and Angelina's dad. They couldn't even see the pain him and Angelina were going through because of their secrets.

"What does that mean? I hope you realize this night could have ended a lot differently if your family," she looked at Jeremiah, Conrad and Angelina. "Wasn't your family."

"We're sorry Laur," Jeremiah answered.

"Just go to bed," she waved them off.

Steven and Belly walked out as Jeremiah stay leaning against the door way looking at a still drunk Angelina steadying herself off of Conrad's shoulder.

Conrad shook his head drunkly. "I'm walking Lina home."

"You're way too drunk Conrad, I'll-" Laurel said.

Jeremiah leaned off the door way quickly walking towards Angelina. "I'll do it Laur, I didn't drink."

Conrad rolled his eyes as he stood up getting ready to protest. "Here, give me your hand Jeremiah, so I can walk without falling over," she let out a chuckle. Angelina didn't want Conrad and Jeremiah getting into an argument over who is walking her, her head was already pounding as it was from the hit and alcohol and she didn't need to add a third reason.

The pair began walking out the front door as Angelina had her arm wrapped around Jeremiah's waist. Jeremiah was trying to hold her up but her tipsy walk was causing them to trip over each other's feet. "Okay, I'm just going to carry you in my arms."

"Wait, Jeremiah no-" Angelina said as she felt Jeremiah's arm swoop under legs lifting her off the ground. The Flores girl was now curling up against Jeremiah's chest as he carried her bridal style towards her beach house.

"That's a lot better," he winked at her.

Jeremiah carried her all the way upstairs into her bedroom. He laid her down softly taking a seat on the bed beside her. Angelina laid her head down on the pillow smiling at the Fisher boy. Jeremiah slowly leans over moving some of her hair from her face behind her ear.

"I really appreciate you, Jeremiah," Angelina rasped as her throat was dry from the hard liquor and smoking.

Jeremiah stayed sitting beside her, "anytime. Where is professor Flores at?"

Angelina sighed. "He's at the next town over at some fancy dinner party. I was supposed to go with him but earlier today he told me, I had to go over to your place because your mom invited me over for dinner."

He nodded, "that explains the dress."

"Yeah," Angelina chuckled. "I wore it to piss him off." She reached over gently running her fingers on his arm.

Jeremiah bit his lip slightly from the feeling of her touch getting goosebumps, "Professor Flores could never be pissed off at you." He leaned in closer to her face teasing her.

"Yeah I know, that's the issue," she said tapping his nose with her finger.

He scrunched up his nose laughing. Jeremiah leaned back slightly getting a good look at the Flores girl. "What do you mean by that? What's going on, Angel? I know you, and I know your relationship with your dad."

Angelina scoffed. "You don't know what you're talking about"

"That's the problem! I don't know because you won't tell me," Jeremiah plead. "And I bet you Conrad knows."

"Con is my best friend Jeremiah-"

"Yes, yes, I know that okay. But what am I too you?" He questioned with a slight yearn in his voice. The yearn he always get when it comes to her.

"Con is my best friend but you're... you're different Jeremiah," Angelina said softly feeling the heaviness in her eyes wanting to drift away in sleep.

"Different how, tell me. Please. What am I too you?" He begged.

"You're my Jeremiah, my pretty boy," Angelina said reaching up to caress his cheek with her hand. She was feeling her eyes start to shut.

Jeremiah sighed. But what does that mean, he thought. He knew he won't get anything else from her, not in this drunken state. Angelina had already shut her eyes. In a matter of seconds, she'll be asleep. Jeremiah leaned in pressing his lips against her forehead. "Goodnight my Angel flower."

As Jeremiah was leaning to get off the bed to go home, he felt his arm being tugged. He looked down to see Angelina's hand around his wrist and her eyes barely opened. "Stay the night with me, please."

He simply nodded and climbed back onto the bed beside her laying down. He placed his arm underneath his head letting out a low sigh. Angelina moved closer, curling up beside him wrapping her arm around his torso. Jeremiah used his other free arm to wrap around her shoulder, holding her close to him. He looked down noticing her dress had risen up due to her movements and his breath hitched slightly. Jeremiah bit his lower lip fighting back temptations. He reached over grabbing the blanket on her bed covering her exposed lower body.

He leaned down kissing the top of her head as he shut his eyes having one of the best sleeps ever in his entire life.

End of chapter notes:

Hello loves! Didn't think I'll have these many chapters just to get through episode one of the series but I think it's progressing nicely. Thoughts?

Hope you enjoyed.