|15| spite

The smell of coffee and burning food filled your nose as you sat on the couch, hugging knees to your chest, the afternoon chill traveling deep through the thin warehouse walls and into your spine. For something that was not meant to be a home, these boys sure do know how to make it comfy. The interior was thoughtfully decorated to make the most out of the space they had. Small coffee tables placed on corners, carpets conceding the cold concrete floors, a working television with two antennas sticking out the top.

You wondered how they got television without being detected by government satellites or other shit. Do they have phones? You think you saw Wooyoung playing on one once... Speaking of which, when you got here all your belongings were taken from you. Even your apartment keys. Do they still have those? Where would they be?

unknowingly, you had been staring at the space in front of you when a pair of black jeans obstructed your view. Yeosang was handing you a mug of tea and you accepted it gratefully, hoping the warm ceramic would help warm your cold hands. He had a mug himself filled with coffee, as did some others, to help with the drowsiness of the late afternoon.

Yeosang, Wooyoung, and Yunho had plans to patrol the forest tonight, they wouldn't be sleeping until early next morning. Yeosang moved to sit next to you, occupying the empty cushion between you and Yunho. You hadn't been handcuffed to anyone yet today and you prayed they wouldn't notice.

Seonghwa was sitting on the couch beside yours, healed enough to move around sprucely, but that would be the most progress he would make in a while. He never met your eyes even when he felt you staring at him. He wouldn't say something no matter how much you internally begged him too.

His dark hair matched his expression. His eyebrows furrowed ever so slightly, blending in with his sharp and equally dark lashes. Bored, some hint of defeat laced into his frown, he looked like a statue; a visualization of a thoughtless mind.

On your left the leather armchair was empty, but directly in front of it -and you- sat Hongjoong, shuffling through papers and marking certain areas with a green highlighter. They weren't the files from the basement, they looked like maps- the writing was too small to be able to tell what exactly he was looking at.

A very focused expression was painted onto his features and you couldn't help but notice how he had a habit of sucking on his lips absently, you watched him work wordlessly, something about it all was satisfying. Movements were calculated but thoughtless. If he noticed you staring he didn't say anything.

You took the tiniest sip of your tea, it burnt your tastebuds before you had a chance to realize but whatever. The tea, Yeosang told you, would help your lack of appetite and get you hungry enough for a meal. Jongho made it for you, an odd act of kindness that you tried not to be too suspicious about. It was mostly silent in the living room, but the kitchen was a different story.

"Watch out," Wooyoung called as he came through holding a pot, Jongho could only assume it was some sort of broth, or he was boiling eggs.

"Is something burning?" Asked Mingi, who scrunched his nose and stood against a nearby wall.

He had lost cooking privileges for the 4th time this evening, having already ruined the broth, set the vegetables on fire, and spilled the first brew of coffee. Wooyoung had been left to clean up his mess, though Jongho had proven to be a little more useful than his counter, Wooyoung could feel their presence suffocating in the small kitchen.

Jongho had lined up bowls, each filled with egg-fried rice and soup, and pushed vegetables onto the tops of them.

Wooyoung froze for a moment before his face lit up, "Toast!" He called and placed the pot down before rushing to the other side of the counter, pressing the 'cancel' button on their broken toaster and the blackened bread hopped out with a clack. The timer broke about a month ago.