|22| ode to change

Police investigated Orion Operations, a discrete office space reserved for high-end, confidential communications and affairs between client and government. While such areas of operations had been outlawed due to constant privacy leaks and employee safety, the chances of being found are relatively low due majorly to lack of active investigations. This afternoon was not the case, however, when the police were alerted of the incident at Orion.

"It seems there was some sort of accident here," Deputy Hyunkgi informs us. "Some of my men are suggesting a faulty battery installed into the lithium powers. Others say it was an explosion of the generators- which, either way, are dangerously unstable."

While the cause of the deaths remains a mystery, we were assured that the investigators are doing there best to complete a report. Since the coporation was confirmed to be bartering illegal activities, however, their CEO, Park Nagasaki, is under fire. "

⤜⚘⤛

Soft snoring surrounded you as you bared yet another sleepless night. Autumns merciless air leered around the edge of summer, the chill corrupting you as the night got darker. Soft wind tore through the trees, creating an endless cycle of whispering leaves.

They told you fears; worries that weren't your own. You thought of your mother, of your job, of the people you had witnessed take their last breath. You faced these thoughts all alone, no one awake with you.

The rest had went to bed at very different times- you were only the third to retire, a little past ten, after Jongho insisted you ate something. The action was intended to be kind, despite the annoyance which radiated from him the entire time he prepared the food.

You offered to help but he told you to stay away, so you ambled into the living room, where Yunho, Seonghwa and Mingi were clad in soft-looking pajamas, fixated on a late-night TV show with the volume very low. You found an empty space on the loveseat, the group quietly accepting you.

That is sort of how it's been since the Run. Quiet. Nobody really said anything to you- not for a lack of subject. It was correct to assume they had been ordered to give you some space, although at this point that wasn't exactly what you wanted.

The distance only felt eerie, you wanted Yunho to gently check up on you. For Mingi to mutter some dumb joke. For Seonghwa to pry a friendly conversation out of you.

When Jongho returned with a bowl in his hands you whispered a thanks as he passed it off to you. You don't like how this felt- getting taken care of- because at this moment they were doing anything but.

You felt the need to start cooking for yourself again, to dress the way you wanted. To be independent once more.

The shirt on your back swallowed you whole; it wasn't yours. It was suffocating. The tight tank tops which used to replace bras did not have the support you needed, and you were tired of sweatpants and shorts that were too big for you, drawstrings tied tight to ensure they won't fall off while training.

It's becoming increasingly clear you wanted your stuff back.

"Where's Hongjoong?" You asked, slicing through the silence.

"I think he's out, with Wooyoung and San." Jongho replied smoothly. "What's up?"

"Just had something on my mind, is all,"

You didn't know how convincing you sounded, but Jongho didn't mention it.

"Its hard to say when they'll be back, it might be early morning. You might have to wait 'til tomorrow," Yunho told you. His eyes were kind- they always were, and they sort of glowed in the darkness with the light of the TV reflecting onto them. Your inclinations towards freedom died down at his proposal, your negative ones springing back in place.