Date Night

„Tom, this might sound stupid but, what are we?" He looks at me with his cone in the hand. „What do you mean?" „I mean like, are we friends or are we a couple or do we like just „know each other"?" He looks at the lake. „What do you want us to be?" I look at the lake too. „I don't know." With that it's quiet between us and we just enjoy out ice cream while looking at the pitch black lake reflecting the light of the moon.

When we're both finished I have a question again. „Tom, can we drive to school tomorrow together?" „I was about to ask you the same." He giggles. We head back home and while we're walking, our hands slightly touch. Our fingers search the others and slowly our hands lock. The whole time before I fall asleep I have to think about us walking hand in hand that day. Somehow it felt like I'm fresh in love with him but it also felt like it was the most normal and best thing to do.

The next day I get woken up by Max hysterically shaking me. „What's wrong?" „Nothing except the fact that you slept through half of the day. I jump up. „What time is it?" „It's 2pm." „No one woke me up?!" „Well Tom thought we should give you that day." „Then why are you here shaking me as if the house was in fire?" „Well this house isn't, but your and Toms teacher was. He's in the hospital." „Excuse me what?"

I rush to the mirror to check if I look alright to show myself in public and then we drive to the hospital. Tom is already waiting for us and grabs my hand guiding me to his room. Mr. Portman is my favorite Teacher. He was the only one who believed in me at the beginning and he helped me with so much. We get inside and he isn't well but still happy to see me. „You shouldn't have come here when you're not feeling good." „To be honest I think. Ihre feeling worse right now." We laugh.

I look at his back since he's lying on his stomach. Through the bandage I see something really weird looking and it's not burned skin. „What's this?" „They out fish skin on mine, supposedly it's gonna heal better." I have never heard of that before. „What happened?" „Some chemical catched fire and we evacuated the school but a few students were lost and I-„ „You saved them." I finish his sentence wich makes him smile. „Don't stay with me here, go on a date finally guys." I look at Tom and then at our hands who are still locked.

We get outside after saying goodbyes and giggle. „He really didn't deserve this." „That's true. But he said one thing I wanted to ask you anyways." „What's that?" „Do you wanna go on a date with me tonight?" „I would love to." I smile and give him a kiss on his cheek. While doing so he pulls me in to a hug. Suddenly I push him away. „What's up?" „Nothing, sorry, can we go now?" „Elia, tell me what's wrong?" „You, me, go." I take his hand and drag him to the exit.

„Wait here, I have to go to the toilet." With that he vanishes. I sit down on one of the seats and quickly grab a newspaper. My leg starts shaking and it seems like the times passing by slower than usually. Out of nowhere someone puts down the newspaper just to reveal his face. „Can we go now please?" „Where are they?" „What do you mean Tom?" „You wanna leave, your whole body is shaking, you're having a panic attack, you hid yourself behind newspaper, where are these guys?" I grab his hand and try to get him to leave with me but he's way to strong.

His eyes scan the whole room. „Don't make a scene please. Also what are you gonna do? I'm more angry than you are but let's just go." „No Elia, you're scared but you're also right, there will be other times." He finally leaves with me and gets in the car. „Are you alright?" „Sure." I lean my head against the Window and look outside until we're at home. „Is school tomorrow? Since there was a fire." I ask as we get out. „You can speak again. No, we're free that weak." That's good, I really like that.

We get inside and the rest of the day we play games with Emily and Max. In the Afternoon Tom showers and then it's my time. „Elia." Max stops me. „Don't do anything you're gonna regret afterwards." I ignore him and once again step on the scale, it didn't change, I have to keep going. Before I know what's going on, I sit with cuts over my belly and blood on my hand on the bathroom floor crying, I don't even know over what.

I clean everything up and bandage my cuts. Luckily I found myself a pretty outfit wich also covers the cuts.

I put on my makeup and then leave the bathroom

I put on my makeup and then leave the bathroom. „Elia, what-„ Max starts to talk immediately but Tom is right behind him. „Are you ready Tom?" „I am. What was Max saying?" We both turn to him. „I was wondering what took you so long?" „Make up. Tom you look amazing." „Thanks, so do you." It's kinda funny because he's also wearing black jeans and a beige t-Shirt.

We leave the house together and drive to a nice restaurant. The night is fun and we get along great and as we drive back, I am so sad that it's over. „Thank you for this great Date. It was really amazing and I think we should do that again." „Yes we will do that again." He parks and then looks at me with his hazel brown eyes. Gently he puts a hair behind my ear and leans in, so do I. „Are you sure you want this?" I smile. „Shut up." and pull him as close as possible for a kiss. He puts his hand on my cheek while we're kissing intensely.

We pull apart and smile at each other. „Now you have your answer, we're a couple." He smiles and looks at my lips. After a few seconds of silence we decide to go inside. As we used to we sit down on the sofa and watch a romantic movie while cuddling and I fall asleep in his arms until the movie is over. „Sweetie, are you tired?" He asks me. „Oh yes." Before I can stand up he picks me up and carries me upstairs to my room. „We should throw a party again, like here with a bunch of our friends." I say. „Let's talk about that tomorrow." He kisses me on my forehead and as soon as he lies next to me with my head on his chest I'm knocked out.

The next morning we wake up at the exact same time. Tom kisses me. „Good Morning." I answer in my morning voice. Out of nowhere I feel a sharp pain at my stomach so I head to the bathroom quickly. One cut is open again. Well whatever. I cover it up and head back but Tom is nowhere to find, not in my room, or his, or any room upstairs so I figure that he must be downstairs and so it is. He's standing in the kitchen making himself a coffee. „Where are the others?" „I don't know honey. But did you sleep well?" „I always do with you, I mean next to you." He giggles and sits down on the sofa.

„Cuddles?" I jump next to him and lay down with my head on his lap. Not long and I notice „are our horny again?" „Well how couldn't I be with someone so pretty on my side." Aww that's cute. I smile at him and close my eyes. We stay there like that for about ten minutes when Emily and Max home inside with a bunch of buns. „I like what I'm seeing." I say and sit up. „So do I." Emily says and jumps between me and Tom. „Sooo Tell me about it." I smile at her wich already says everything. „That's great! I'm so happy for you guys."

We all eat together breakfast but Max seems a little off today. „Can we talk, in private for a sec?" He agrees and we head outside. „I didn't wanna ask in front of the others, what's wrong?" „Nothing, I'm happy for you and Tom." „Wow very enthusiastic. What's up?" „Elia I don't get you. You do all these things to yourself but on the other side you're the perfect happy girl. What are you?" „So this is about me? Why you're so grumpy?" „Yes, it's always about you." „Is it now? Well what about all these years we lived together? In the beginning, what was my first job ever?" He looks down. „Who was my first kiss?" „Tom?" „No, that's what I mean. It's always been about you two and I don't have a problem with that but for gods sake for once shut up and listen to what I've got to say, what I want and what I need."

He looks me in the eyes again. „You're Never the bad girl, always it's mine or Emily's fault. Or it's the fault of your Parents." The moment he said that he regretted it, but he still said it. I storm inside. „No Elia I didn't mean it like that!" I head upstairs to my room and start studying. „You know what I wanted to say." „Fuck you Max. Leave me alone."