Meeting him (2)

Posted 7/14/22

Word count: 2317

Edited by Grammarly, u know what that means...

[ "Umm, m-my name is Y/N, Y/N L/N," ]
[ My name is Severus, pleasure to meet you," ]

____________________________________

I woke up the next morning and slowly got out of bed. I got dressed in a white button-up and black skirt before heading downstairs. I knew I would have to face my parents sooner or later so I might as well do it now.

When I entered the dining room they looked at me surprised. "Look who finally decided to grace us with their presents," my father said sarcastically. I just rolled my eyes and sat down.

"Morning," I muttered.

"So have you finally decided you're going to listen?" he asked smugly. I contemplated in my mind if I was really about to do this. I want to make my family proud but I don't want to marry a man I just met. But I knew what was for the best of the family.

"Yes father," I muttered.

He took that as a victory and smirked as he read the daily paper. I finished my breakfast without speaking as they went about their business.

When I was finished I excused myself and started to head to my room. "Y/N we are leaving at 7 pm I will have the hair and makeup ladies up there by 4 so please be presentable," my mother stated as I walked out of the room.

"Yes mother," I replied before going to my room. When I got to my room I picked up a few articles of clothing off the floor and a few random items here and there.

It was around noon when I was finished so I had some time to kill. I lay in my bed and took out my phone. I played a few games and just listened to music for a few hours. At 3 I decided to take a shower before everyone got here. I started the shower and quickly undressed before stepping into the shower and closing the glass door.

I stood there for a minute, my mind racing with questions.

What is he like?
How old is he?
Does he like music?
Is he in school?
What if he doesn't like me?

I knew I had to stop asking the questions and
doubting everything about this. After what felt like forever I got out of the shower and brushed my hair before putting on some clothes. As I waited for them to knock I started my homework.

I got through about half of it before my mom entered my room with at least 6 other women. "I want her hair and makeup done in no more than 1 hour," she demanded before leaving.

"Hello Ms. Y/N," my favorite maid greeted me.

"Good afternoon Emily," I smiled as I sat in my vanity mirror. After I sat down they started working on my hair while Emily and a few other women started my makeup. I always hated when my mom made me get my hair and makeup done, all the people around me made me anxious but Emily understood.

That's why she is my favorite person in this mansion. "Emily, can you come with us?" I asked. She laughed and brushed over my cheeks with a makeup brush.