78

a/n

and here is an update and a pretty picture of hyunjin as a gift for having such great patience with updates😅

~

"So, you're going on a date with him?"

Athena spins at lightning speed to face Somi with a frown.

"No, it is not a date." She then looks at her reflection and sighs. "Okay, yeah, it's a date."

Somi squeals, thrashing on Athena's bed with a giant, teasing grin.

When Athena had called the girl over to help her pick outfits, she had forgotten to gage the amount of un-seriousness that would be brought along. Not only had Somi tried to dress her in clothes that would give her pnemonia ("It's not even that cold!" She had screamed as if a crop top and mini skirt were suitable for any form a frigid weather), but she also hadn't stopped picking fun at Athena. Of course, it was just jokes and honestly, Athena had hope maybe it would calm her nerves. Unfortunately, it didn't help one bit.

As she picked up the parting comb for the nth time, Athena releases another sigh before trying to perfect her middle part. Somi shifts from the bed to beside Athena and grabs hold of two elastics.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Um, yeah?" Athena answers, furrowing her eyebrows. She knew she should've combed out her hair in preparation yesterday but laziness had struck and so here she was, in the consequences of her own actions.

Somi looks at her through the mirror. Athena looks back, giving a half smile. "I'm good. I swear."

"Well, it doesn't seem like it," Somi tells her.

Athena shrugs. She sticks out her hand, having finally perfected the part, wiggling it in Somi's direction. Somi places on elastic on it and Athena silently thanks her.

"I hope you know you guys can take things slow. I know your trauma isn't going to be gone and plus, you haven't dated in awhile. Things can feel new again."

"That's what we planned to do," Athena says softly. "It's better this way."

"It is," Somi agrees.

Once Athena's curls are tightly packed into two space buns on her head, Somi pulls out two matching pink flower clips from her pocket. She places them in the front of the space buns. The girl steps back a little, taking in her handy work (she did end up picking a more suitable outfit for winter-to-spring weather) and smiles.

"You look beautiful!"

Athena does a little spin, her smile growing ten times the size it was before. "You think so?"

"I know so! You are going to knock the socks off that boy."

They both share a laugh. Just then, a knock at the door sounds and both girls share a look.

"It's time!"

With one last lookover and a quick grab of a coat and purse, the girls rush down the stairs.