85

The house in front of Athena feels hauntingly tall and if it weren't for Felix standing beside her, she would've run away.

Athena had taken what Dr. Kim had asked of her and made a small list of things to do to feel free. When they met again, the biggest one on the list to conquer was to visit the Hwang's. She hadn't since Hyunjin had passed and the last time she spoke to Mrs. Hwang was before the school year had started, at the salon.

It was quite clear they didn't blame her about their son's death but Athena still couldn't look at them without an enormous amount of guilt crawling up her throat. That's why Dr. Kim suggested she do this first. Woohoo for Dr. Kim and her therapist ways, Athena thinks solemnly.

"Thanks for coming with me," Athena tells Felix softly. "I know this may be weird for you."

Felix shakes his head and holds the girl's hand in his. "Nothing about this is weird. I'm here to support you, like I said I would."

Athena nods and then takes a deep breath in and out.

You're not the killer.

Hyunjin isn't dead because of you.

You loved him and he loved you. He wouldn't blame you, nor would his ever-loving parents.

"You ready?"

The girl nods, a small smile gracing her lips.

"I'm ready."