Mini Chapter!

This is a short mini chapter that needs to be put in otherwise the next chapter makes no sense! Normally I'd time skip over this type of stuff but I feel like it's better to just incorporate it in😂 Thanks for your support and awesome comments! 

"Why are we up at two am?" Poe yawns as he follows me sneak down the streets. "And why are you sneaking around?"

"Because, I need to do something and people have started to recognize me on the streets."

"At two am?" Poe scoffed "Look around, the only things out here are rats" He followed me grumbling "And even they are sleeping."

I sigh "I can't sleep Poe, I need to figure out what to do with my money. I can't keep it stored, waiting for inflation to suck it all up!"

Poe rolled his eyes "You can't sleep and assume I want to be awake?"

I smile at him "You don't really get a choice in this. If it weren't for you I wouldn't even have this money."

"A decision I'm starting to regret." He muttered.

I stop in front of a building across the street and drop down behind a trashcan. I stare at it for a long moment, contemplating how we're gonna get in.

"What are you doing?" Poe asked.

I scowl at him and yank him down beside me.

"So you want to get caught?!" I hiss at him.

Poe looks confused and glances back at the building.

"Are we sneaking into that? Why don't you just teleport?" He asks.

I point at my arm that has the bandage wrapping around it.

"I can't! I'm not supposed to teleport around for a while until this heals up a little!" I whisper loudly.

Poe frowned then looks at the building, than at me then the building again.

"Wait a minute." He starts before standing up "Wyatt, that's your own company building!"

"Sshhhh!!!!" I shush him and reach for him to come back and hide but he's already walking away.

"You don't need to sneak into the building Wyatt!" Poe laughed "It's yours, you can just walk in!"

I open my mouth then close it. "Oh." I mumble, feeling extremely dumb.
For some reason I didn't think it worked like that.

Poe laughed and pointed at me.

"You didn't know?" He snorts.

I scowl at him "I knew!" I huff.

He grins "Yeah, sure you do!"

I walk past him as he continues to snicker. We walk into the building and the security guard frowns at us.

"Can I help you?" He asks.

Poe looks at me and I open my mouth but feel stupid saying that I own the building.

"Well, I'm Wyatt Bennett and I was hoping I could get into my office?" I ask sheepishly.

The security guard squint at me then his face lights up in recognition.

"Oh Mr Bennett! My bad, I didn't see you with the shadows over your face." He chuckles.

I chuckle with him but feel utterly ridiculous.

Poe rolls his eyes before saying "We need the keys to everything. Wyatt wants to stay up all night doing something that's probably going to get him in trouble." He looks at me and I glare at him before turning to the guard.