Chapter 8: Syndrome

——————————🦸🏼‍♂️——————————

Mr. Incredible was back in the jet in his new suit, which was now red instead of blue, and he was enjoying shrimp when a computer voice came on.

"This is your automated Captain. Would you care for more mimosa?" It asked

"Don't mind if I do. Thanks."

"You're welcome."

Mr. Incredible got another mimosa and the jet started tilting downward.

"Currently 78 degrees in Nomanisan. Perfect weather for flying. Please fasten your seatbelt. We are behinning to descend."

The jet lowered to the water and dove underneath it and entered an underwater cave where the water was drained out of the room and a tube was connected to the entrance.

The jet door opened to reveal Mirage sitting inside a pod.

"Hello, Mr. Incredible. Nice suit." She commented.

"Thanks. Nice to be back Mirage."

The doors closed and the two sped off in the pod that weaved through the jungle and towards a waterfall that opened up to reveal an elevator sort of thing.

It lifted the pod up and Mr. Incredible was shown to his new room.

"You'll be briefed on your assignment in the conference room at 2:00. D-Wing, room A-113."

"2:00. Got it."

"See you there."

The elevator doors closed and Mirage left, leaving Mr. Incredible in his room.

...

Helen was vacuuming when she noticed there was a lot of debris outside of and in Bob's office. She entered the room and kept vacuuming when she noticed that Bob's old suit had a tear that had recently been stitched.

"Edna."

...

"I'd like to speak to Edna please." Helen said into the phone.

"This is Edna."

"E? This is Helen."

"Helen who?"

"Helen Parr? You know..."

Helen sighed before speaking into the phone again.

"Elastigirl?"

"DARLING!!!"

Helen jumped fumbled with the phone as she nearly dropped it.

"It's been such a long time after all these years! So long!"

"Yes, yes, yes. It's been a while. Listen, there's only one person Bob would trust to patch his super-suit and that's you, E."

...

"Yes, yes, yes. Marvelous isn't it? Much better than those horrible pajamas he used to wear."

"Huh?"

"They're all finished. When are you coming to see?"

"Look, I'm calling about..."

"Don't make me beg, darling. I won't do it, you know."

...

"Beg? Uh, no. I'm calling about...suit...Bob's suit! I'm calling about Bob's suit!" Helen raged.

...