Chapter 13: Caught

——————————🦸🏼‍♂️——————————

Dash sped through the jungle as fast as he could. He looked back to see if the guards were following him, and accidentally ran into a swarm of mosquitos. This made him trip and stumble to the ground and he spit out the bugs in disgust.

He noticed the flying disks coming after him and he sped up again. One of the guards got very close to him, but luckily Dash was able to grab a vine and swing himself around a tree into another direction.

He kept running but the two guards eventually caught up to him again. Dash panicked and grabbed another vine that swung him up into the air above the tree line. He would've fallen off a cliff if he hadn't landed on one of the flying disks.

The guard turned and noticed Dash on his disk and tried to punch him off. Dash dodged the punches and actually managed to land one on the guard. Becoming more confident now, Dash dodged and punched the guard so much, that his visor fell off.

However, Dash got distracted by the fact that they were about to fly into a cliff side and the guard managed to punch Dash off his disk right before he crashed into it.

Dash screamed as he fell into the trees and thankfully managed to grab another vine and slow himself down before he hit the ground.

He felt his face and body with relief. "I'm alive. Yeah! Woo hoo!" He cheered.

Unfortunately, his cheering caught the attention of two more guards.

"Uh-oh." Dash ran off again with the guards following after him.

Dash leapt off a ledge and grabbed a tree and pulled it back so it hit one of the flying disks and it exploded. The other guards disk, hit the ground and started rolling on the ground. Dash managed to dodge the crashing disk and looked back smugly before noticing he had two other guards on his sides. They were trying to cut him off and run him into the water. 

Dash closed his eyes and prepared to fall in but after a moment, he opened them and noticed he was running on top of the water!

Dash chuckled and ran faster as the guards shot at him. Dash managed to avoid them, and ran into a cave. One of the disks followed him in and he ran along the roof of the cave and back down so he was heading back towards the entrance.

Unfortunately, another guard appeared in the entrance, and he tried to run back, but another guard was coming from that way too. Dash stopped running and sank under the water as the two disks crashed into each other and exploded.

...

The other guard that stayed behind with Vince and (Y/n) was still trying to find where they went.

"I know you're there Little Mister Disappear."

Behind, him Vince had picked up a stick and knocked his gun out of his hand and hit him in the gut, then the head, knocking him to the ground.

Vince became visible again, and the guard knocked his feet out from under him. He then rolled back to his gun and picked it up just as Vince turned invisible again and jumped into a small river.

"You can't hide from me!" The guard threw some dust into the water and used it to find out where he was. "There you are."

(Y/n) gasped and ran out from her hiding place and tackled the man to the ground before he could shoot Vince.

The man pushed her off of him and aimed his gun at her only to be tackled to the ground again by Dash, who also started punching him.

"Don't...touch...my...friend!"

The man caught Dash's arm and punched him sending him flying into a tree. The guard picked his gun up, but (Y/n) yanked his arm down and punched him in the face and kicked him in the gut.

She then went to pick up the man's gun, but he grabbed her shoulder and punched her in the face, sending her back to where Dash was.

Their eyes widened as the guard pointed their gun at them. (Y/n) moved in front of Dash to shield him.

"No!"

Just as the man pulled the trigger, Vince jumped in front of them and created a forcefield ball that covered all of them, with Vince suspended in mid air.

"How are you doing that?" (Y/n) asked.

"I don't know!" He responded.

"Well, whatever you do, don't stop!" Dash turned the ball and used his super speed to propel them forward.

(Y/n) climbed onto Vince's back, so she wouldn't end up being spun around in circles.

Dash moved them through the jungle where they saw two more flying disks, but they just bounced off of the forcefield and crashed.

Then, they ended up running over two very familiar figures wearing red super suits.

"Mom, Dad, hey!" Vince stopped his forcefield and they all tumbled to the ground.

Everyone laughed and expressed their relief that they were all alright, and hugged. But their relief was short lived as more flying disks zoomed past them.

Bob punched one out of the sky, and Helen grabbed one of the guards and threw it at another disk, while Bob tossed one flying disk at another, causing it to explode.

"I love you." Bob and Helen told each other.

"Wow."

"Woah."

"Awesome."

The kids said.

More flying disks came whizzing at them, and the family got into cool superhero poses.

Dash used his super speed to kick up a cloud of dust around the family. Vince created a forcefield around one of the flying disks, and when two guards came up behind him with guns, (Y/n) flipped one over her shoulder threw him into the other guard.

Another disk aimed their gun at Helen, but the guard got yanked out of the disk by Bob, who punched him in the face, as Helen took down another guard.

"Woah, Woah Woah, hey! Time out!"

Suddenly, the whole family was rendered immobile by Syndrome.

"What have we here? Matching uniforms? Oh no! Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? Woah! And got busy! It's a whole family of supers. Looks like I've hit the jackpot! Oh, this is just too good!"

——————————🦸🏼‍♂️——————————