Chapter 9: The Truth Is Revealed

——————————🦸🏼‍♂️——————————

"This project has completely confiscated my life, darling. Consumed me as only hero work can. My best work I must admit. Simple, elegant, yet bold. You will die." Edna ranted to Helen.

"E, I just..."

"I did Robert's suit, and it turned out so beautiful I had to continue!"

"E, it's great to see you, but i gotta tell you, I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Yes, words are useless. Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble. Too much of it, darling. Too much! That is why I show you my work. That is why you are here!"

Edna punched in a code, scanned her hand, and her eye and did a voice recognition and she and Helen entered her work area.

"Come, sit."

Helen and Edna sat down in two chairs that faced an empty room with a window to look into it.

"I started with the baby."

"Started?"

"Shh, darling!"

The door of the empty room opened and a model of a baby crawled through wearing the red super suit, just smaller entered. The little mannequin baby moved along the room and Helen and Edna's chairs followed.

"I cut it a little roomy for the free movement. The fabric is comfortable for sensitive skin..."

Suddenly, the room was overcome with fire.

"And can also withstand a temperature of over 1000 degrees."

The fire disappeared and a bunch of guns appeared.

"Completely bulletproof."

The guns fired at the suit, the bullets not penetrating it.

"And machine washable darling, that's a new feature."

"What on earth do you think the baby will be doing?" Helen asked incredulously.

"Well, I'm sure I don't know, darling. Luck favors the prepared. I didn't know the babies powers, so I covered the basics."

The baby mannequin crawled to the other side of the room where a door opened and it went through.

"Jack-Jack doesn't have any powers." Helen told her.

"No? Well, he'll look fabulous anyway."

The platform that their chairs were on moved back to the other end and a mannequin wearing a suit Dash's size came through. It's arms and legs were moving incredibly fast.

"Your boy's suit I designed to withstand enormous friction without heating up or wearing out. A useful feature."

Again, they were moved back as a suit Vince's size came out.

"Your oldest son's suit was tricky. But I finally created a sturdy material that will disappear completely as he does."

Two giant metal balls appeared next to the suit and radiated some kind of energy that made the suit disappear.