CHAPER 13 - dinner date

a/n - vote and comment !

i sit at my table in my room after breakfast, looking at restaurants on my laptop. with everything going on, olivia and i's dinner hasn't slipped my mind. "y/n!" olivia yells, loud footsteps running up the stairs. she stops at my door, leaning against it as she catches her breath. "we're playing... just dance. you have to play!" olivia says, hopeful smile. every summer, our tradition is to play just dance. just us kids- olivia, jeremiah, steven and i. "uh..." i say, looking at my laptop. i close it, olivia walking up to me. she grabs my hands, pulling me up. "you have no choice!" she exclaims, i smile and we start to run downstairs. 

i pick up a remote, walking over to olivia and opening the wrist strap for her. i slip it through her hand, tightening it and getting my own. "okay, what song first?" jeremiah asks, skipping through the songs. "what makes you beautifu!" olivia and i say at the same time. jeremiah laughs, tapping it. we all get into a line, the line going steven, jeremiah, olivia then me on the right. "i live for you, i long for you, olivia." i sing as i wait for everyone to pick their character. olivia looks at me, chuckling. "it's a good song." i say, facing back to the tv. 'you're insecure, don't know what for.' olivia and i face each other as we dance, laughing. "everyone else in the room can see it!" steven sings as steven and i dance forward, jeremiah and liv coming forward too. "the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed!" we all sing, and i place a hand on liv, dancing.

we all start to kneel on the ground in the bridge, dancing then getting back up. "oh my god, this is a workout already." olivia says as we jump.

jeremiah clicks on 'one thing', and i pick up my water bottle, opening it. "steven and i verse you two on this." jermiah says. olivia and steven pick the girl, jeremiah and i pick the boy. "we got this, liv." we high five, and get prepared.

i tap olivia on the shoulder, and offer her my pretend bow. she shakes her hand, facing away from me. i put the bow on myself, facing away. olivia taps my shoulder, and i shake her off. she takes my pretend hat, and i face her, and we press our hands together, smiling. "we're so winning!" i tell jeremiah and steven. "we're gonna catch up!" steven says, laughing.

'yeah, frozen, and can't breathe'. olivia and i press our hands together, using the other to almost make a heart around us. 'you've got that... one thing!' olivia hands go to my shoulders, my hands going to her waist and we press our forehead together. we give chuckles, pulling away. i look at the screen, seeing our score was higher than steven and jeremiah's. "you guys suck!" olivia says, laughing. 

after multiple songs of just dance, we all seem exhausted. "i think i'm done for today..." olivia says, falling onto the couch. "me too," i say, falling next to olivia. "call of duty steven?" jeremiah says. "yeah, let's do it." steven and jeremiah fall onto the couch opposite of the tv. i look over at olivia, who's on her phone. i look back to the tv, moving closer to olivia.

i lay my head on her shoulder, continuing to watch the game, steven killing someone. liv turns her phone off, turning her attention to the game. "liv," i whisper after turning my head to her ear. "yeah?" she whispers back, looking down at me. i take my head off her shoulders, holding her hand and we run upstairs. olivia sits on my bed as i sit on my seat. i pick up my laptop, placing it on my lap and opening it. "so... are you free for dinner?" i ask. i look up, olivia smiling. "yeah, i'm free." "so dinner tonight? i haven't forgotten."

olivia's pov

she remembered! "yeah, that sounds really good," i say, grinning. "okay, i'm gonna book now," y/n taps a few things on her laptop. "can i see what it looks like?" i ask. "nope, it's a surprise. just dress kinda fancy!" i smile, knowing exactly what to wear. "booked it for 6:30." she says, closing her laptop.