chapter thirty five

a/n: prepare yourselves for the next few chapters... i don't like it but it has to be done

**three months later**

**Aaron's pov**

I was no idiot.

Almost as soon as I walked back into my apartment and heard the sink running I knew what was happening. Ellie was here.

Quickly dropping my things onto the table and moving to put my gun in my safe, I made my way into the kitchen. There she was, cleaning every dish in my kitchen with the utmost concentration lacing her features.

"What are you doing, Love?" I asked into the air.

Watching her entire body jump from the shock of me entering the apartment and her not noticing, "Oh... you're here!" Ellie sat down the plate that she was washing, "I didn't hear you come in." she spoke while trying to hide all of the dishes that she had done at this point.

Making my way towards her obviously anxious body I sighed, "Ellie, you're cleaning again?" my words floated out of my mouth.

Her entire body froze when I mentioned the dishes, she immediately knew that I had figured out her stressed behaviors. Ellie dropped her hands to her side and her chin hit her chest, "I thought that you had forgotten about that." she took a second to take a breath, "I just have a lot on my mind right now and well... you know." I watched her say.

Fully making my way towards her and wrapping my arms around her body, before pulling her into my chest, "You know that I love you right? I promise that you can tell me anything." I reassured her knowing that she was already beginning to overthink how I would react to whatever she was thinking.

Ellie looked up at me before resting her chin on my chest, "I'm just nervous as to what you'll think about it Aar. It's a big decision for me... fo-for us." her voice stuttered out.

I couldn't help but have butterflies in my stomach when she mentioned our relationship. At this point we had been together... I guess, for around seven months. We had never talked about what we were going to title ourselves. There were a lot of things that we hadn't talked about yet.

Nodding my head I waited for her to be ready. Obviously this was something that she was very nervous about and I didn't want to make it seem like I was forcing her to say it.

It took a few seconds but she looked up at me and started speaking, "I was wondering if you wanted to come with me and go meet my parents up in New Jersey..?".

She-she wanted me to come and meet her parents?

At my silence her arms started to pull away from me, "Hey, hey, come back. I'm sorry, I was just surprised that you want me to come with you to meet them. Are you sure that they would even like me? I'm quite a few years older than you..." I muttered.

When my words were processed in her head Ellie pulled herself away from me. I attempted to bring her back in but she pulled away even further.

"Ellie..." I mumbled watching her just look at me.

Her arms folded against her chest and I watched as she took in a deep breath, "Now why would that matter Aaron?" her voice was laced heavily with irritation.

Shrugging my shoulders I tucked my hands into my front pockets, "I don't know Elle, we both know with our line of work that some parents aren't so overly pleased with an age gap like ours." I said it like was the most obvious thing in the world.

By her reaction... However, I don't think it was to her.

"Seven years is not some obscene predatory gap Aaron! Is that really the only reason you are worried about meeting my parents?" Ellie yelled at me.

Trying to take a step forward, she took three more steps back.

Shaking my head I cleared my throat, "Please love, don't be angry with me. I am just nervous about their reactions when you bring your boss home and announce that you are in some type of relationship with them." I tried my best to keep the tone of the conversation at a normal level.

Ellie was now standing in my living room pacing back and forth, "I-I don't even know what to say to you right now. I think it's best if I just go alone... I'll just tell them that you have some big important meeting with the head of the department." she spoke with a lot of anger lacing her voice.

Trying to get her to stop was not going to work so I watched her gather her things and start to walk out of the door, "Please just call me when you get up to your parents please..." my voice rang out through the apartment before she closed the door behind her.

God.

What the hell did I just do.

Almost immediately as she closed the door I realized what I was saying to try and help the situation was indeed doing the opposite. No matter how long I was a profiler for, there was no rulebook for your own personal life.

Though now... I wish there was.

a/n: y'all... don't hate me but i have to do it.

i've avoided the actual show storyline for far too long.

i love you all

bYe!!!