chapter fifty one

a/n: this chapter is a little bit short and has mentions of su*cide in it, so feel free to skip this chapter, nothing major happens between aaron and ellie! take care of yourself :))

thank you guys for reading <3

**Ellie's pov**

Waking up in the morning and being met with the smell of coffee I groaned while stretching my arms out wide.

"Good morning, Love." Aaron greeted me with a warm smile.

As he picked up his cup of coffee from the small table in the room, and made his way over towards the queen size bed in the room.

The room arrangements were a little tight between the seven of us. JJ and Emily were sharing a queen bed like Aaron and I, Derek and Spencer were sharing a room with two singles. While the Italian stallion himself got a room all to himself.

In actuality nobody had a problem with it because Rossi was someone who always wanted to watch some boring soap opera the entire time we were in the rooms.

Watching as he sat down back down on his side of the bed, carefully so he wouldn't spill the extremely hot liquid on himself. I laughed as he winced at the smallest drop that broke over the ridge of the mug.

"Are you laughing at me!" he chuckled while leaning over and gently placing a kiss on my forehead.

Sleepily shrugging my shoulders with a small smile, my eyes looked over his face before my lips settled into a frown, "What time did you come up to the hotel last night?" I questioned him, even though I already knew the answer.

Last night I had tried to sit up and wait for him to come back to the room, but after it reached one a.m. I could barely keep my eyes open anymore.

"Oh I just wanted to look over a file again before I left, that was it. You were already asleep when I came up so I didn't want to wake you up." Aaron said to me while looking down at his cup of coffee.

Liar. I had woken up when I heard the commotion of him coming into the room. He had come into the room with a box of case files that I assumed were on the floor on his side of the bed.

"Oh, okay." I muttered before sitting up on the mattress.

Something that we both needed to do was start getting ready to leave the hotel, but neither of us wanted to really get out of bed.

**time skip**

Once again we had been sitting around for a couple of hours trying to desperately find a lead, when all of a sudden Spencer stood up and walked over towards the board, "Guys it's Katelyn Thompson!" he announced making all of us jump.

"Thompson, twenty-seven, was the victim of a car accident this morning by Hutchison, sixty-four, who was attempting to commit suicide. Hutchison's attempt was successful, leaving her pronounced dead at the scene. Thompson was transferred to the local hospital, we hope for her speedy recovery and our hearts are out for the Hutchison family." Spencer rambled out.

From the first second I heard her name I was looking up the case report to see any surviving relatives. It took a few seconds, as they were still muttering to each other about certain aspects of the mother's personality and possibly how she was as a parent, but I found it.

Slamming my hand down on the table in joy, I turned around and took a slight breath, "Carl Hutchison, thirty-eight years old, works at a hardware shop just three miles away from where his mother died." Aaron moved to stand next to me while I had been rambling things off.

Emily slightly smirked before looking around at the team, "We got him.".

**third pov**

Police officers, including SWAT, and the team flooded out of the precinct with their vests and gear leaving Ellie sitting in an almost empty building.

Of course there were still a good size of officers still in the building, but with the gravity of there possibly being a school shooting almost everyone was tasked with that over anything else.

Though she had gone through this part of the case many many times she hadn't really been right here for it. She had always been back in the safety of her own office. Except for that one time, well really two times but who's counting.

As she was watching the news trying to get a grasp on what was occurring live and not through the occasional update through the walkie from an officer, the team had focused on finding Carl Hutchison before he even thought of going to the high school.

Before they had left Penelope had faxed them a list of locations that belonged to the family and places that Carl seemed to frequent.

With SWAT securing the school along with some of the officers, the team was standing around the door of the Hutchison family cabin an hour away from where they started.

"Carl Hutchison! FBI!" Rossi yelled out.

After a few seconds of no sense of movement inside the cabin, Carl walked out of the door with his hands behind his head, "Just find out what happened to my mom." is all he said as SWAT moved to placed handcuffs on him.

The team looked around at each other, confused that it was so easy but also confused on how they were going to break it to him that his mother committed suicide.

a/n: 16 chapters left i think after this one and it makes me a little bit sad :(

i hope you guys are enjoying so far :)

anyways,

bYe!!!!!!