V - Chips

If the corridors are usually busy and loud already, let's not talk about the cafeteria. Despite me always having a whole table for myself, everywhere I look there's conversations trying to be louder than the other, hysterical laughs to God knows what, a boy that thinks the best of himself for walking on top of the seats and table to tell his mates how he fought a bear and show the girls the scars he got for actually, perhaps, having messed with one when he souldn't and is lucky to be alive.

I diverge my eyes from him in the moment he extravagantly moves as if he's fighting it again, to the table right next to me. I take a chip from my plate as if I'm eating popcorns, enjoying the movie as I watch some girls around one crying other.

"But I love him.."

"You only know him for three days. Has he even talked to you?"

"He has looked at me.." The girl pauses her sobbings to state very serious, as if she has found out who the murder is. But then, as she remembers something, she hides her face on her hands and seems to cry even more. "And smiled."

I smile too, finding it funny as the other girls exchange wary looks with each other, not knowing what to do with the one in love, because maybe they too see how stupid it is.

"Hi.." I hear now too much closer to me to let it go unnoticed. I look up while putting two more chips in my mouth and meet a pair of dark blue eyes, curiously matching a hair that I can't tell if it's red or just shiny brown. It is just long enough to frame a long face, but delicate as her pale skin shapes small features, softly splashed with an equally soft brown that I wonder if it isn't in fact just pink.

At first, my instinct is always to display my nonchalantness and simply send them a what do you want? look. But, again, it is even more difficult to even have someone requiring me to do so, unless it is someone saying a teacher called or something related. But by the way she stands with her board tight in her delicate hands, biting her lower lip while waiting for me to say something, I'm afraid I already know very well what she wants.

"Caroline?" I ask from my seat with a mouth full of unchewed food, starting to feel some excitement instead. She sends me a shy wide smile to which I reply also smiling and chewing faster as I make her a sign to sit down and tell her to do so as soon as I'm able to.

"I'm sorry I didn't find you this morning." She starts, adjusting the board in front of her and right in front of mine. I was in fact thinking about meeting her before class, like we had agreed, and she is indeed wearing the green skirt and tight white t-shirt with a palm on the front like she told me she'd wear, so I could recognize her if I was the one to see her first.

"I did arrive a bit later than usual today." I observe pensive, watching now as the girls that I notice as being cheerleaders decide to leave the cafeteria.

"Is everything okay?" Caroline asks me, making me snap calmly to her concerned look on me.

"Hm? Oh yeah, I just... had to take my brother to the kindergarten." I don't lie, but I look down at my food, afraid that my eyes might tell that, in reality, my mother suddenly expected me to do it in the 10 minutes that were just the time to get me to school, when the kindergarten is in the oposite side of the town, and she didn't even bother in waking me up sooner.

I hear Caroline hum in acknowledgment and I glance quickly at her looking down at her food too. She doesn't have much food, in fact, and her frowned lips don't look very eager to eat either. I find myself staring at her, waiting to see what she'll do, when what she does is look at me again. I inhale slowly and straighten my back instinctively, looking away and deciding to get to the point before people see her with me for much long and start creating their own suspitions about it.

"So, you play keys.." I start, in a way for her to elaborate it more herself.

"I do. My parents bought me a keyboard early in January, for my birthday." She says with amusement in her eyes. "You know, that Casio new one?"

I keep eating and listening closely as she talks, but now I send her a wodering look, to which she immediately continues, happy in letting me know, "Well, it's incredible. You can do anything you want with it. Many more things than the other keyboards, you see?" She asks rhetorically and looking at her board again, seeming happier with eating only the bread for now.

I still nod, though, expecting her to continue "I only... I only am not that prefossional yet. I don't really know how to play much, just the basics.."

"Well then you'll be learning as we choose songs to play." I soothe her sudden worry as if there would ever be a reason for me to not want her anymore, and I give her a soft smile of mine right to let her know there won't. She glances at it and takes her hair behind her ear.

"What about you? You play the guitar, is it?" She keeps eating the remaining half of her bread slowly as if she's afraid to finish it. I nod slowly too "Eleven years of it."

"Really?!" She covers her mouth either of the surprise or to hide the food inside, so I look into her wide round blue eyes and nod again with a smirk.

"That's amazing. You must play really well then." She talks lower, looking at the last peace of the bread in her hand, and I notice how she does as if that's the last meal of her life, dispite the chips and chicken wing that still rest in her pate, untuched cold by now.

"I'll play for you and then you tell me." I offer lowly too with a smirk, almost like daring her although it really is nothing of a big deal. However she still stares at evaluating me, thowing the piece into her own mouth and leaning back with crossing her arms over her chest, smirking at me too as if I just dared daring her.

A bit after we part eye contact and remain in silence, I finish eating, a part of me surprised that she's still here and seeming well relaxed. Before I lean back too, sure I still have around an hour left until the next class, I take my bread of my board and place it on hers, claiming "Eat it, I don't want it."

Her attention to something in the side shifts back to my actions. But before she could even look at my face to wonder, the doors of the cafeteria are swung open and as soon as five boys walk in through them, they seem to own every single one's attention without even trying.

I frown my eyebrows strongly as the previous noise in the cafeteria turns into determined cheers for them. The blond and the swarthy ones are who smile back the most. Then Tomlinson and Styles simply smirk, the first one waving around, and Zayn is expressionless, behind them from my point of view.

"Uhh.. I really gotta go now, I'm sorry. But thank you, we'll see us around.." Caroline's voice trembles as she too witnesses such event and suddenly gets up and away with her board tilted in her grip. She doesn't give me any chance to even consider wishing her the rest of a good day, and soon I am alone again, staring after her in a disapointed way. But then that disapointment shifts to a discrete rage as I turn to watch as the noise softens because the band is more interested in getting their food than attending their fans.

I chuckle to myself, shaking my head and making my way out as well, not feeling like staying in this room in this moment at all. Anyway, I come across a new determination to go sit somewhere peaceful and start thinking about what songs I'd like me and Caroline to take a try at, and study what do we want to make our band about.

As I walk through the calmer corridors of the school to go outside and enjoy the grey sky above on this windy day, I realise we actually also need a name for it and we need to meet somewhere else better than the school very soon, or my mind will burst with questions and plans I try not to forget to tell her next time if I wait much long.