Chapter 2: New Day, Same feeling

Wearing all black on a stormy day looking out the window as me, my Mom, and Auntie Inko drove to the funeral in silence, I kept wondering about what John said, ¨Me...not Izuku..¨  It just didn't sit right with me.

When we finally arrived at the funeral I got out of the car grabbing my unbrealm. It was freezing, and it was rainy. Way to set the mood.

As we mourn who was lost, looking into an empty coffin, not knowing God where the body could be, we stare at what's left. Nothing. I started the grass that was neatly placed when my mother pulled me and told me 'it's time to leave.'

As I pulled away from the funeral home I stared at  soon to be Izuku's grave. I swore to myself that I would visit it everyday even if he is not dead. I would  be a shit head if I didn't I am the cause of his death.

We pulled into Auntie Inko drive way and I stared at the house. As I got out of the car I knew what was awaiting inside. I laughed then slowly walked up the steps of the porch. Then I turned the doorknob and the first thing I smelt was something burning. I rushed over to where the smell was coming from and I saw the oven smoking.

The smell was... something I couldn't put my finger on. It smelt fimaler.. I crept closer to the oven and I looked inside..  And that's when I saw it...My worst nightmare. A body.. I felt the pain all over again.

Then it blew up, and it felt like time had stopped. Maybe because IT DID STOP!  Or at least it was in extra slow motion. But I could move perfectly fine if you ask me. I waved my arm back and forth easily but looked over at the oven that was blowing up, slowly.

OH WAIT IT WAS BLOWING UP I HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE! I was running for the door, but then I remembered that I came here to get what Izuku left me. So I turned around and ran up the stairs.

When I made it to Izuku's room I came to a hult and stared at the door to his room. I couldn't help but smile, then I opened the door. When I looked around it looked exactly the same as when I last visited, but the only difference was the smiling green ray of sunshine was alive, and well now...

I looked over to where the desk sat and I looked over it before seeing a pretty big box, with a little note taped to it. I grabbed the box then saw something else that read ''Mom and Auntie.¨ I grabbed the note, then I went to the closet and grabbed 8 hoodies.

And that's when it hit me like a truck, the fire was spreading then that means that I was going to die because of all the smoke or because of all the burns. I creeped closer to the door. I grabbed the doorknob. It burned but I pushed through the pain and opened the door. I saw roaring flames, and the heat was unreal but it was beautiful somehow.

And I wanted to touch it. I reached out and felt the heat, the pain, the happiness, the love,  the angrier, the sadness, the hate, the mask, and the broken heart that I tried to mend with all the sleepless nights and empty plates of food. Constantly telling myself that I could never be good enough. I felt something awaken in me, something that died long ago, something that I prayed, and hope would go away. But I know it will never go away. That thing was depression.

But it also awoke something else. Something new, something...powerful. I could feel it sering through my veins now. It felt... ELECTRIC! But it also hurt, yes it hurt a lot. Like a spark awakened inside of me, almost like bone breaking power. It felt like 50 different quirks were all of a sudden coming into game play.

I shut the door and look around in hope of finding an escape, and an escape I found. My eyes landed on the window. I put down one of the hoodies and opened the window. I looked around and saw something else I wanted just in case. Because I know it is all going to a cripst, today.

I want all of Deku hoodies. I threw the stuff out the window and grabbed everything out of deku closet. And in the rush I found a little box buried into a pile of dirty clothes and I grabbed it, not really sure of what I hoped for but grabbed it anyway. And grabbed one of Deku's notebooks, because it was the only one I saw. I threw all of the hoodies on the ground outside in hope it would brace my fall, and then I jumped.

I shut my eyes not wanting to see what would happen when I hit the ground. I felt almost free, almost like I was finally really free. Is this how Deku felt when he jumped? I felt myself falling, until I wasn't and I opened my eyes one last time before hitting the ground with a thump, and everything, truly went dark

905 words