Healing Music

The next day, Clover was walking to his homeroom, when he looked inside the music room. He saw cookies playing the guitar. How cool... I wish to play like them one day Clover thought. He then walked to his locker, put in his code and took out his own guitar. It was shaped just like a clover. As he was about to play, he noticed someone behind him. It was Licorice. His cheek was very red and it had a small crack. "Licorice! What happened to your cheek!?" Clover exclaimed, running towards him. "Pomegranate told mom I slapped her, and she slapped me but harder... it's okay though, I'll be fine" Licorice said, wiping his tears. "No! You're not okay! Your dough is cracked, a-and... oh gosh, it's starting to bleed! We need to get you help!" Clover exclaimed. Licorice pushed him off. "I said I'll be fine" Licorice said stubbornly, wiping the jam off his face. "You're not, please, lemme help you!" Clover pleaded. "I'll just put a bandage on it" Licorice insisted, walking off.

Clover looked back at him, feeling uneasy. If he keeps losing jam, he'll be in a lot of trouble he thought. He walked to class, trying to ignore his worries and trust Licorice that he will be okay. Later on that day, Clover was outside, sitting on the bleachers. He put down a music sheet in front of him and started practicing. His music... wasn't the best, and even he knew it. C'mon... I can do better than this he thought, adjusting the strings. "Hey, Clover boy!" yelled a cookie that punched him on the arm so hard, he dropped his guitar. It was Chili Pepper, of course. "Ow! Chili Pepper, don't scare me like that!" Clover exclaimed, picking up his guitar. "My bad, Clover boy. Hey, you performing?" Chili Pepper asked, noticing the guitar. "Oh uh, not really. I'm just practicing" Clover said, continuing to adjust the strings. "You never got to hit me with a couple of tunes" Chili Pepper said. "Erm... you wouldn't like it, I'm very rusty" Clover said. "C'mon Clover boy, it can't be that bad" she assured. "Well... alright" Clover sighed.

Clover held up his guitar and started to play. As he expected, it didn't sound the best. He looked at Chili Pepper who was trying her hardest to keep a straight face so she wouldn't make him feel bad. "Chili Pepper, I know you know it's bad" Clover sighed. "Wh-Why would I think it's bad? It's uhm... really good, like that's the best thing I've ever heard in my life, I—" Chili Pepper noticed Clover leaving her. "Hey! Clover boy, where you going!?" Chili Pepper yelled out, running after him. "Ya' know, if you're really my friend, you'd be honest about what you think about my music" Clover scoffed. "I... okay, look kiddo, if I were to be honest, it wouldn't be pretty" Chili Pepper said. "I don't care! Pretty or not, I just wanna hear what your general thoughts are so I can improve, not some silly lies to make me feel good!" Clover exclaimed. "I'm gonna go practice more... alone" he then walked off, leaving her alone.

After school, he kept practicing while walking home. "C'mon... I'm getting a little better, I just need to get these strings right" he mumbled to himself. He decided he would go home later, so he turned to take a walk in the forest for a little while to clear his head. He looked up the trees' branches as they swayed back and forth from the wind. He then stopped to take a little rest on a stump. He looked down at the guitar on his lap. He sighed and hopelessly adjusted the strings once again. He took out his sheet of music and started practicing again. This time, it started to sound a little better. Clover started playing for a while after realizing his tunes sounded less ear bleeding. He played and played, until he noticed a bird flew onto the stump next to him. "Oh, why hello, little bird" Clover smiled. He then noticed more birds, along with some other animals that came over. He looked around at the crowd and then thought did they all come to hear my music?

He started playing again, and he noticed the animals were swaying to the music, just like the branches were swaying to the wind. His eyes glistened with joy. He played and played until dawn. He ended his performance with a bow and got out of the forest. He felt so happy, that was the best he'd ever played that day. "Wow, that was like... a miracle struck. I gotta show this to Chili Pepper tomorrow!" he said to himself while walking home.