10

act I━━━━
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑  𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 • edited.

❝ I'm a demigod?
      That's crazy shit.❞

        HE WOKE UP IN A DAZE.  His pupils moved around to scan the area. A weird rush came to his head, but all it gave left was a pounding headache and nothing else. He stayed lying down, not daring to move,  only feeling like his body was burning and he probably had a layer of sweat. His throat felt dry like a bunch of sand was in it. A click was heard a few moments later. 

He shakily moved his head towards the noise. He blinked. They blinked back. "Are you gonna keep staring like that?" It was Eloise fucking Laurent. Amani rolled his eyes in return. "What type of shit show did you go through to come banging on the door of the big house with those injuries?" Eloise had questioned with a furrow of their eyebrows as they reached for something. 

He swallowed, trying to appease his dry throat before answering, "Oh you know, the usual, getting slapped into a wall by a cyclopes and almost struck by lightning. Couple monsters too." He said dryly. "Damn." Eloise had said with wide eyes, "are you gonna keep staring like that?" Amani repeated with a slight grin. Only to flinch at the pain on his lip. Eloise rolled their eyes. 

"Don't move too much, you busted your lip when you collapsed." She complained before holding a cup of something that looked like apple juice.

"Can you sit up?" She asked and he tried, with shaky arms, he managed to after a minute or two. "Good.  Gave you some yesterday and most of your bruises have started to fade. Gods know you need it." They mumbled, bringing the cup to his mouth, "Drink it." She ordered.

He obliged and recoiled at the taste at once. It tasted like mango lassi. He drank it all, a warmness engulfed him and he almost shuddered at the feeling. He felt his throat instantly feel much better. Eloise stepped back, "I'll have to change your bandages. Chiron made me look after you, even though Apollo kids literally run the infirmary." She muttered before placing the empty cup by the table on the side. 

Apollo

"Why are you helping me?" Eloise paused. "...Because I was ordered to? You got something against it, huh? I could've just left you to die." She retorted and Amani shook his head. "No I mean why aren't the Apollo kids helping me?" Eloise shrugged. "They're busy," she said offhandedly and Amani wasn't sure whether to believe that with the way their eyes shifted away.

"How do you feel?" Eloise asked, "Like slightly better than shit." Eloise nodded, "better than nothing. Chiron won't annoy me about it." Amani wanted to ask who, but decided he didn't care. "Did you kill it at least? The cyclops, or did you have to run?" She asked, referring back to his previous words. "Killed it. Imitated my mother's voice and I poked his eye twice and then plunged through his chest." He explained and Eloise made a Ohh! Sound come out of them as they looked at him impressed. 

"Wait with what though? A stick?" They joked, Amani shook his head, removing his ring. "What the fuck!" They responded, eyes wide with wonder and awe as they glanced at the sword. "Okay–don't go bringing that out at random. Dude, that's so sick though." She commented before focusing on his bandaids and bandages.  

A few beats of silence later, "you're pretty calm about this," Eloise commented. Amani just shrugged (or attempted to). "Just dunno what to feel," slipped out his mouth. 

"Boring. Hold out your hands." He did as he instructed and they began to unwind the bandages on his forearm before changing them out. "I heard, like weird, monster growls when I was coming here. Do they follow you?" Amani asked hesitantly. "Oh no you'll be fine. There's a border. The big tree on that one hill marks it, they call it the property line I think. Monsters can't go past it unless we grant them access. To stock the forests for games or like pranks." Eloise said with a grin.