III - 05

act III━━━━
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

❝ forever will I look
        at you with guilt.  ❞

         "FOR THE SAKE OF REVOLUTION." The reminder, a foundation of belief, to urge souls like him to continue their path of no return. It lays as an engraved promise and echoes as a whisper of comfort. He sat on his bunk, the quiet breaths of few surrounding him, and the curtains covered the moonlight. It's funny, he thought, that I fell so quickly. He sat on the bed for a while, Was it the right choice? He asked himself silently, it's useless to regret it now you've already done it.

He took a breath, suddenly feeling like ants were crawling up his skin while his clothes were suddenly too tight and itchy. The silhouettes of the Stolls and a few others he never got the name of hit him. He suddenly felt nauseous. They wouldn't know, he thought and took a breath before getting off the bed, it creaked quietly, but did not wake anyone.

His feet greeted the ground with a quiet thump and he put his socks on quickly. The threat of the room closing on him loomed his mind and made his heart thump. I can't be here anymore, was what he thought as he put his shoes on. The door creaked open, he cringed at the sound thinking it was too loud, and the snow greeted him. The door closed shut with a low thud and he was off. Hair wild, jewelry tangled, a wrinkled orange t-shirt, and a muddled head was what he brought on the journey.

The old porch steps groaned lightly as he sat down. He watched the never changing winter snow, the moon reflecting high in the sky, and the stars dimly glimmering.  Though dark, he still noticed  the activities from afar. The archery, the arts and crafts table, the rock wall, the forest…The strawberry fields. Empty they stood and the solitude let wisdom dawn. They never gave him any good feelings. He realized Camp Half-Blood really wasn't a home. There was no sense of relief whenever he came back, no sense of love, all he felt was nothing. That it was simply a place he'd sleep.

The only contradiction, it stood farther as if shying away from the rest, was the strawberry fields where nymphs usually danced with the accompany of Amani. He'd lie in the grass, the sun facing him, and it'd be the two of them together unless Percy joined. His face flashed in his head and Amani's heart skipped a beat. He frowned, crushing the feeling
He had to let it go.

His fingers twitched and his throat was scratchy, he looked around uneasily. Everything around was making it worse and he took a deep breath before thinking, fuck it. Nobody will see it's the middle of the night. He took out a cigarette and used the lighter. The tip burned away, the white end burning into bright red until black, and the smoke emerged.  He inhaled, the nerves calmed down, and it was nothing more than fleeting worries. He exhaled. The wisps rose in the air before fading away.

He looked at the cigarette uneasily. "Man we're so fucked for the future dude," and he supposed the mortal was right. His future was ruined the moment he entered the Greek realm and the wobbling bridges he'd cross sooner or later broke away and all that lay was a singular path. There was no exact destination as he let his feet take over.

As he walked, he passed the dining pavilion, and that's when his eyes opened a little. He was a little surprised to see a boy hiding behind one of the pillars.

As much as he wanted to ignore it, his eyes flashed, and he clenched his hands. He viewed Nico listening into the Hunter's talking before suddenly Percy showed up behind him.  He watched it quietly, his ears ringing, and by the end of it he had broken out into a sweat. He was able to summarize it: the hunters  lost one, Nico and Percy talk, a promise, and it's not long until Percy is gone.