Chapter Eleven

Two Weeks Later

Y/N looked at the front of the compound, it had been two weeks since she'd been discharged from hospital. She had spent those two weeks at Sharon's apartment in the city, on forced bed rest, which Y/N had tried to protest against. Y/N had even tried to get Steve to convince Sharon to let her get back to work, but it hadn't made Sharon budge at all. 

Today though Y/N had gotten the all clear from her Doctor, who had been pleased with how the wounds were healing. Y/N had left out the part where her left leg was in constant pain where the bullet had hit, mentioning that would have meant not being cleared for duty and she really couldn't sit around watching any more trash day time tv, it was melting her brain. 

Sharon was at Shield HQ today, but Y/N had sent her a message saying she was going to be at the compound, so she didn't freak out about the apartment being empty. Y/N had sensed the unease in Sharon's reply, she clearly wasn't fond of the idea of Y/N being back there without her. 

"Are you planning to just stand and stare at the building until it moves or something?" 

Y/N didn't need to look over her shoulder to guess the owner of the russian accent, it was of course going to be Yelena. A few seconds later and Yelena was standing beside her, mimicking the way Y/N was staring at the compound. 

"With a world full of super human people and having gone through multiple off world threats it really wouldn't surprise me if this building could just up and move" Y/N replied as she looked away from the compound to Yelena. 

"Mmm fair point. Sure the Wizard guy or Wanda could probably do something like that if they felt inclined too" Yelena nodded slightly. 

Y/N froze slightly at the mention of Wanda. She had known at some point she was going to have to see the red headed witch again after that moment in the hospital, but even with all the time to think whilst 'resting' Y/N hadn't been able to figure out what that moment had meant. 

"If you're worried about another run in with Vis, he is in Wakanda at the moment. Helping Shuri out with some science project I think. So you're in the clear" Yelena spoke again, noticing the way Y/N had seemed to just stop when she had mentioned Wanda. 

"Oh right, um yeah that's good" Y/N replied, "Is Steve about?" 

"Yeah the fossil is probably in the gym, punching a bag or something" Yelena gestured for Y/N to follow her inside, "I'll drop you off on my way through." 

Y/N followed behind Yelena, slightly surprised that the young russian assassin was being so friendly, she had assumed that most of the team would dislike her a lot after everything that had happened. It had been something that had crossed Y/N's mind a lot when she had been resting, none of them had been at the hospital, other than Wanda and there hadn't been any contact from any of them since she had got out. 

So in Y/N's mind she figured they were blaming her for what had happened at the fake Hydra cell, for the fact she hadn't warned them sooner about it being a tra and that by the time she'd got there they were all being attacked. 

Sharon had assured her that the team were all fine and it was likely they were just busy regrouping after what had happened. Y/N hadn't been convinced though and that was why she decided to come here as soon as she had gotten the okay at the check up. 

"Yo America's Arse, you have a guest" Yelena announced as she led Y/N into the massive gym that was on the ground floor of the compound. 

Steve paused the combo of punches he had been working through and reached out to steady the punching bag. He had always found being in the gym and focusing on training to be the best way to clear his mind and after leading the team into a trap he had been struggling with a lot of guilt about it.