Chapter 3

You spent the rest of the day was just showering which wasn't too long until dinner started. Once the stench of your labor was gone and you were dressed you grabbed your bag to head to the dining area. You weren't too surprised to find Geralt, Cirilla, Jaskier, and Yennefer sitting at the Ares table next to Clarisse.

"I'm sorry, I get you should respect your elders and such but he literally moved your stuff and stole your bed. What's so great about him?" Jaskier asked Clarisse who rolled her eyes.

"You try being a demigod and live that long" she looked at him seriously.

"What's a demigod?" Cirilla asked.

"I'm a demigod. They are the children of a god and a mortal. It basically means you'll spend your whole life being hunted by monster who want to kill you for power" Clarisse explained to her.

"Besides, he took down a manticore with his bare hands" another kid mentioned.

"It wasn't actually that impressive. I threw rocks at it and got one in its mouth. It chocked and died. Plus I had help with distracting it. Almost took my arm off though" you explained, sitting down and pulling the collar of your shirt down a bit to show off a claw marked scar down your collar to your shoulder.

"Well if you all fight monsters then you all and Geralt have something in common" Yennefer said which directed attention to the quiet man.

"Monster hunted or monster chased?" Someone asked.

"Hunter" he shortly replied.

  "It's a witcher's job" Jaskier said mimicking Geralt's voice which gained a few laughs.

He smiled with a line about someone appreciating his jokes. Thats when the food arrived, there were slices of honey ham, green beans with bacon bits, and mashed potatoes with brown gravy. Then glasses appeared with drinks in them. Jaskier looked like he was about to drool and reached for his food only for Clarisse to punch him in the arm.

"Ow, what was that for!" He cried.

"Uh, sacrifice to the gods first" Clarisse said rolling her eyes.

"I'm sorry what?" Jaskier asked somewhat concerned.

"You burn half your food for the gods" you say getting in line for the bonfire.

"Oh, oh okay. Was worried for a second that you kept us around for other reasons" Jaskier sighed.

  "Yeah no, that was the Spanish, I think. Besides they would rather watch you fight to the death in the stadium then smell your burning corpse" you laughed.

  "Oh because that makes me feel better" he sarcasticly replied.

"It should because unless you committed a crime or were super strong. You don't look the part for either" you patted him on the shoulder.

"I'll ignore the implications and take it as a compliment" Jaskier said.

"Your welcome then" you said scraping some food into the fire, "here to you Ares".

"Wait are we ment to dedicate it to one, I don't know any" Cirilla asked.

"You could just say to the gods or if you're feeling it, Dyonysius is sitting right there" you pointed out to her.

"Okay" she noded following in your actions.

Once reseated everyone began eating. There was talk of the day, the victories and loses of the competitions and someone lost five drachma in a bet with a Hermes kid. It was the normal until someone challenged Geralt to an arm wrestling match which he rejected. Cirilla picked up the challenge however. After reminding or teaching both the rules they cluched hands. You placed your hands on both of theirs', checking to be sure they weren't cheating and to "bless" the wrestle. It was a struggle but in the end Cirilla won which gave her brownie points at the table.