Chapter Fourteen

•Harumi•

"You have the chance to be freed from here while we all pay the price for your crimes?" The second man says, and notices me trembling. "Not so powerful now, are we? Why we ever followed orders from you I'll never know."

The first one laughs. "Look at her. She really is the Quiet One. She can't even speak." He grabs my wrist and pulls me up harshly. I cry out.

"Let this be a message from all of us." He says as he throws me across the cell. The left side of my stomach grazes across the knife in his hand. My head slams into the brick wall.

"No!" I cry out sitting up in bed breathing rapidly. I start sobbing as the memory replays in my head. Why could I not get rid of it? It was haunting me.

The door to my room bursts open as Lloyd flys in, rushing to my side.

"What happened?!" He says placing a hand on my back and rubbing circles desperately trying to calm me down.

"The men- the knife-." I say placing my hand on my stomach, thinking it was bleeding.

"Shhh hey, it's okay. It was only dream." He says softy, pulling me into a tight hug.

He was right. It was just a dream. I start to relax a little, as he continues to hold me.

"Don't cry Rumi. They are never going to hurt you again. I promise."

I nod, as he pulls away to wipe my tears away with the sleeve of his shirt.

"Lloyd...it felt so real." I say as another tear trickles down my cheek.

He quickly wipes the tear away. "I promise that they will never hurt you. It was only a dream. Please don't cry! It makes me want to cry seeing you cry." He says gently as he pulls me once again into his arms.

I feel myself relax and melt into his arms. Whenever he holds me, I feel safe. Like nothing in the world could ever hurt me.

We pull apart, and Lloyd looks into my eyes tucking a piece of hair behind my ear, and I smile.

"Now there's the Rumi I love to see. The happy you."

I laugh, wiping one last final tear away from my eye.

"You know, I have a really good idea. But it's a surprise."

I grin. "Alright!"

He grabs one of my blankets, handing it to me, he helps me stand up. I giggle excitedly and he quickly places a finger to my lips, and we start to sneak through the monastery.

We reach the front door, which Lloyd opens, and we walk over to his motorcycle.

Lloyd grabs a helmet, placing it on my head. It's a little big, and covers my eyes before her tilts it up, causing me to laugh. I hop on the back of the motorcycle as he starts the engine.

"Just like old times." I say winking.

"Just like old times." He says in agreement winking back at me.

He pulls out of the monastery courtyard, and I place my hands around his waist, holding on tight.

There was a beautiful full moon, and the sky was completely clear, so I was able to see all the stars. It was a cool night, and the wind blew my long hair back, and I took a moment to breathe in the night air. It was so refreshing, and filled my lungs up with the scent of summer.

This takes me back to so many memories. Ones that I would rather forget. Typically, when I think of motorcycles, it brings me back to the memories of leading the Sons of Garmadon. But being with Lloyd makes me feel safe. I drown out those thoughts, and replace them with the moments of the present. I'm with Lloyd. That's all that matters now.